A notice to all of our users and supporters
We began the Perian project over 6 years ago. We wanted to simplify viewing your content. Our team has attained that goal and with that in mind, Perian will be retired soon. Our stewardship has been a blast but it's time for all of us to move on.
Perian software downloads are provided by Cachefly, Thanks! Installation and Removal of Perian Please consider removing obsolete QuickTime Components: FFusion, Xvid Delegate, 3ivX, DivX, DivX Decoder, XviD, msmpeg4v1, msmpeg4v2, AviImporter, EXM4S2, Casio AVI Importer, AC3 Codec, and MatroskaQT. Download avi codecs for free. Audio & Video tools downloads - iFunia AVCHD Converter by iFunia and many more programs are available for instant and free download.
From the beginning we kept Perian simple. Our preferences were minimal, updating was easy, and we gradually grew the product to add in extras like subtitles and different formats. We've contributed a lot. Today, Perian stands as complete as it ever will be under our stewardship.
There are some projects that we never got to. As an example, we would have liked an official, flexible, and well-documented import API to speed up MKV. We hit a brick wall there. Still, we reached a great stopping point and Perian's installed userbase proves how valuable this tool became to so many people.
Starting 90 days after the final Perian release, we will no longer provide support. We'll wrap up our loose ends, pack up our bags, and move on to new and exciting projects.
Here's what our roadmap looks like:
- We will soon release the final version of Perian, including all the fixes we've worked on since the last release. It may -- or may not -- work on 10.8.
- We will post the source code to either Google Code or Github.
Here's what we're looking for from you, our users
- Download Niceplayer , it's pretty great -- and those folks are doing a fantastic job.
- Support each other on our Google Group list . We mean this. Just because we aren't helping anymore on a regular basis, that doesn't mean that you can't.
- Are you a developer? Pick up where we left off. Join us on #perian on irc.freenode.net. Yeah, we're all pretty busy -- so stick around after asking your question. You may have to wait a bit for an answer. Chalk it up to asynchronous tech support.
- Want to donate? We appreciate the thought. It's hard times these days and your money will make a bigger impact elsewhere. Consider Child's Play , Ronald McDonald House , or the EFF . We no longer accept donations.
A final word: If and when Perian stops working, try looking into VLC or MPlayer OS X. Sure, they're not Perian, but they offer great software still under development.
Thanks for all of your support over the years. It has meant a lot to all of us.
PS We would like to thank Erica Sadun for helping us write this letter, and for general guidance.
AVI format is a video container rather than a video format. It is the most frequently used format for online movies. When you download AVI movies online, you might not able to use QuickTime as AVI Player for the movie. In order to find the best AVI Players for your PC/Mac and the best alternative solution, you can learn more detail the suitable AVI Player program from the article.
Free AVI Players for Windows and Mac
When you search for the AVI player alternatives, the free media player is always be your choice. You can learn more detail about the special features for the 5 free AVI Players.
1. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular AVI Players. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform media player and framework supports almost every single media files. Just learn more detail about the excellent features of AVI player as below.
- ◆ Codecs to play AVI, MKV, DVDs, Audio CDs and VCDs.
- ◆ Ability to paly various streams & rtmp:// protocol.
- ◆ Support SRT files subtitles files on Mac and Windows.
- ◆ Plays Real Media RAM and RM files as well.
The program is free and compatible with OSX 10.6 or above operation systems and almost all Windows operation system. If you are satisfied with the program, you can Go to VLC AVI Player>>
MPlayerX is an open source media player that supports most of the video format. Compared to other AVI players, MPlayerX AVI Player is built around FFmpeg and MPlayer projects. Just get the following stunning features of MPlayerX.
- ◆ The FFmpeg and MPlayer open source projects to provide a comprehensive playback solution that handle virtually any media file.
- ◆ The Bookmark feature remembers where you played up the last time.
- ◆ Support SRT files subtitles files on Mac and Windows.
- ◆ The interface of MPlayerX is based on QuickTime with the same minimal approach.
The AVI player is available on OSX10.7 or above operation system, 64-bit Intel CPU. If you are using Windows operation system, you can use MPlayer. Go to MPlayer AVI Player>>
Plex is another free AVI Player that handles almost any file format. Actually Plex is famous for the Plex Media Center, which supports Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Amazon TV, Xbox 360 and even Sonos systems. Have a check with the outstanding features of the AVI Player for multiple platforms.
- ◆ It allows you to stream all your videos and music to your iOS device.
- ◆ Sort your video collection out into films and TV shows.
- ◆ Bookmark feature to pick up where you left off on whatever device you use next.
Just as mentioned, Plex is not only an AVI Player or media player, but also make it possible to enjoy all your media with ease. Just Go to Plex AVI Player to learn more detail.
If you are looking for a Torrent built-in AVI Player on Windows and Mac, Miro can be your favorite one. It is one-stop shopping for all your video and audio management desires. You can find more detail about what the versatile AVI player can do for you.
- ◆ Create a jukebox video and audio player that can subscribe to and download podcasts while managing your locally saved media.
- ◆ Miro AVI Player's Android syncing is another important feature to transfer files between devices freely.
- ◆ If you need to convert videos, Miro also has the video conversion features to help you out.
When you use Miro AVI Player, you can also share your media files over your local networks. And then you can transfer the video and music between devices easily. Go to Miro AVI Player>> Blades of avernum keygen.
Best AVI Player Alternatives – Tipard Video Converter
When you need to play the AVI movies with your iPhone, iPad, Xbox or other devices, you might not able to download another AVI Player to the device instead. As for the case, you should use the AVI Play alternative solution to convert AVI to compatible format. Tipard Video Converter is the highly recommended solution as the AVI Player alternative.
Convert AVI to QuickTime compatible format
As AVI is a container format, it is difficult to locate the detail audio and video codec in the video file. It should be difficult when you need to download the codec or change another video player. Just take QuickTime for example. When you need to use QuickTime as AVI player, converting AVI to QuickTime is the easiest and most efficient method.
If the AVI files are downloaded online, you can use Tipard Video Converter Ultimate to convert AVI to other format directly. And then you can convert any media player into AVI player. Just learn more detail about the features and supported formats of the program.
Codecs For Mac Os X
- Supported Video Sharing Websites: YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vevo, Yahoo.
- Supported Import Formats: Support videos in 4 categories and more than 78 formats, including DVD, video, HD video and audio formats.
- Supported Output Formats: Support videos and images formats, 4K Video, 3D video, HD video, Audio, Snapshot image and ordinary video format.
- Supported OS: Fully compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
How to Convert AVI to Compatible Format of Your Device
When you want to use any media player as the AVI Player, you should learn more detail about the compatible formats of your media player first. And then convert AVI to the compatible format as below.
- 1. Install Tipard Video Converter Ultimate
When you download the program, you can install and launch the program according to the guidance. And then launch the program as the screenshot below.
- 2. Import AVI files to the program
Open the AVI file (s) from the local folder or drag-and-drop the AVI files to Tipard Video Converter. Once you import AVI files to the program, you can get the screenshot as below.
- 3. Enhance the video format.
Compared to the other video converter, you will lose the video quality for convert AVI to QuickTime compatible format. But Tipard Video converter can enhance the video quality to 4K videos or 3D videos.
- 4. Select the compatible output format
In order to playback the AVI file on any media player, it is recommended that you can convert AVI to MP4 or MOV. Apple devices and Applications support both MP4 format and MOV format.
- 5. Play converted AVI file with any media player
When you turn AVI to the compatible format and enhance the quality, you can enjoy the AVI movie on any device with a nice viewing experience with ease.
FAQs of AVI Player
Can Windows 10 play AVI?
Windows 10 will not play AVI files. For playing AVI files on Windows Media Player, you need to download the AVI codec from K-Lite Codec Pack.
What apps can play AVI files on Mac?
VLC, AnyMP4 Tipard Blu-ray Player for Mac, etc., can play AVI files on Mac directly. Moreover, you can also convert AVI to QuickTime supported MOV files and play it on Mac directly.
Why is my AVI file only playing audio?
There are 2 reasons for AVI not playing audio. One is that AVI files are damaged and the other one is the incompatible audio codec. AVI is the container that can hold both video and audio codec like MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS, Opus, FLAC, ALAC, ALAC, WMA, etc. If the audio codec included in AVI file is not supported by your media player, then it will play the AVI without audio.
Avi Codec Pack
When you use are looking for some free AVI Player, the article included the most powerful open source media players that support AVI format. Just pick up the best program according to your requirements. If you need to get some alternative AVI Player on your device, you need to use the efficient Tipard Video Converter, which is not only convert AVI movie to compatible format, but also enhance the video quality to let you enjoy a nice viewing experience. If you have any query related to the article, you can feel free to let us know in the comments.
Avi Codec Download
Follow @Lily Stark
December 01, 2016 2:32
Avi Codecs For Windows 7
- Portable DVD Player for Car Reviews
When you want to purchase a Portable DVD Player, you might need to take different criteria into consideration first. The article is a review for different Portable DVD Players.
- How to Convert AVI to MP4 with Top 16 Methods
In this article, we will tell you how to convert AVI to MP4 by using the best video converter desktop programs or online video converters.
- Top 10 Best MP4 to AVI Converter Online and Offline Software
If you are looking for the methods to convert MP4 to AVI, you can learn from the detail about the 10 best MP4 to AVI Converters.
- How to convert MTS to AVI with zero quality loss
MTS to AVI Converter has the capability to help you convert MTS files to AVI videos effortlessly without any quality loss.