Have problems while Dell factory resetting?
Today, I had some troubles in factory resetting my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I turn on thepower button, and then press F8 key, it did not get the boot menu up to factory reset. Whatshould I do to restore dell to factory settings? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
If the system is working normally, you may create a system restore disc by following the below steps in Windows 8: (1) Move to mouse pointer to the top right corner and click on the search button. (2) Select applications, type Dell backup and recovery and select search. I want to know how to approach dell to get a copy of windows 8 operating system iso so that I can reinstall the windows on my laptop. I have following questions regarding same: 1. What is the procedure of obtaining the Windows 8 operating system iso from DELL? If dell can provide the requeste. Reset Dell PC to factory settings for different Windows: Windows 10/8.1; Windows 7/Vista; Windows XP; Windows 10/8.1. Boot computer to Windows Repair Environment (WinRE) If your computer is crashed and can't boot to the logon screen, start the computer for several times. On Windows 10/8.1/8 laptop/desktop PC, if the system can't boot. Creating a Windows 8.1 recovery usb using another computer I purchased a Lenovo ideapad s510p that came with 8.1 installed. I now need to create a recovery usb but I cant use my computer because it stuck in the automatic repair loop.
Modify BIOS Settings on your Dell Laptop. Attention: The below procedure applies only on Dell laptops. If you don't have a Dell laptop, then skip to Step-4. If you cannot find the bitlocker recovery key, from your MS account, and the Bitlocker recovery key prompt, appeared after a BIOS update, then: 1. Power on your laptop.
How to factory reset Dell laptop in Windows 10?
To repair or restore your Windows operating system to its factory settings, it’s highlyrecommended to backupfiles if needed. Because the factory reset will delete everything you installed andstored after the purchase, including your documents, pictures, videos and other files. Or,you could leave it alone.
Fortunately, there are 2 solutions for you to factory reset Dell Inspiron 15 and otherlaptops, refer to following words:
Solution 1: Dell Factory Reset in Windows 10
If your Dell laptop boot normally, follow the steps to reset your Dell computers:
1. Click Search box at the desktop, and input reset.
2. Choose Reset this PC (System Settings) in the results.
3. At the Reset this PC section, select Get Started.
4. Select the Keep my files or Remove everything optionaccording to your demands.
5. Click Reset to start Dell factory reset in Windows 10.
If your Dell PC got some troubles and could not boot into Windows 10/8/8.1, you have to bootDell laptop to Windows Recovery Environment (Win RE):
1. Start the computer, it will boot into WinRE mode automatically when Windows 10 can’t bootnormally. Or press F8/F12 continuously while computer starting until theAdvanced Boot Options menu appears.
2. Click Troubleshoot in WinRE mode.
3. Select Reset this PC.
4. Then follow the on-screen instructions to factory reset Dell laptop without password (ifyou set up password for your Dell PC) in Windows 10/8.1/8.
Sometimes. You may find there is nodell factory image restore option to perform factory reset for Dell computers, don’tworry, it’s been solved.
Solution 2: Restore Dell Computer to default settings with powerful software
Apart from the above solution, you could create an initial backup with AOMEI OneKey Recovery at the firsttime after you purchase. Then restore Dell laptop, desktop or other computers to defaultsettings. AOMEI OneKey Recovery is a professional software for Windows PCs and servers toonekey backup and restore Windows systems on any computer or laptop.
Windows PCs & Servers
Dell Laptop Password Recovery Windows 8
If you have used this software to create onekey system backup immediately after the purchaseand nothing is added, then your Dell PC would generate an AOMEI Recovery Partition containsa system image file to restore system.You could do Dell factory reset with the system image file in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XPand Windows Server systems, the steps are:
How to add icloud email to outlook 2016 for mac. 1. Press the F11 or A key to enter into AOMEI Recoveryenvironment during system startup.
2. Then please select OneKey System Recovery on the main window.
3. Choose a way to restore, and click Next. There are two ways: Restoresystem by using the image file in AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition; Restoresystem by selecting a system image file. (here take the first way for example.)
4. Click Start Restore to perform Dell factory reset in Windows 7/8/10.
No Dell factory image: create system backup now
If you have ever never used AOMEI OneKey Recovery, it’s highly recommended try now to createan AOMEI factory recovery partition in case you have to restore your Dell computers to theprevious state:
1. Run AOMEI OneKey Recovery. Click OneKey System Backup on home console.
2. Select a method to backup system: Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition(Recommended) or Backup system to other location, and then clickNext.
3. Choose a partition to store the AOMEI Recovery Partition that will be created afterwards,and press Start Backup button to backup Windows 10/8/7 and other settingsto that partition.
4. By the way, you could set up the shortcut (F11 or A key)to enter AOMEI recovery environment by clicking Setting icon at the upperright corner.
Dell Laptop Windows 8 Recovery
◎ AOMEI OneKey Recovery alsoapplied to other brand of computers, like Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Toshiba, HP, Sony, etc.
◎ Some brands have the OneKey Recovery setting, like Lenovo,HP, etc. You could factory reset according to the specific steps from the official websites.
After you backed up, you could restore Dell computers to factory settings if requiredsomeday.
A Hard Reset Fix Most of the Problems
If your Dell PC does not work properly, like not power on or boot into Windows operatingsystem, try a hard reset first, it will fix many problems usually:
1. Turn off your Dell laptop. Remove the AC adapter or power cord and takeout the battery.
2. Disconnect all the external devices like USB drive, printer cables orCD/DVD, etc.
3. Press the power button for about 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.
4. Connect the AC adapter or power cord and thebattery, and then see if your Dell PC is boot into operating system.
Laptop With Windows 8.1
To be honest, please backup on a regular basis to protect the data in case of unexpectedthings. If you want to backup entire harddrive, backup individual file, real time sync files, etc. Just try AOMEI Backupper.