Website Blocker or Facebook blocker can restrict your device from accessing Facebook or any other website. Website Blocker. Furthermore, you will also be provided with a filter option through which you can block any content, like; unwanted advertisement, adult content, etc. You can access all these functionalities at no cost at all.
Facebook Container is a Firefox extension that helps you set boundaries with Facebook. This add-on creates a boundary between Facebook sites (including Instagram and Messenger) and the rest of the web to limit where Facebook can track you.
- Facebook Blocker is a small tool, that can be used to quickly block, or unblock Facebook on your Windows-based computer.The program can be especially useful in business organizations, where Facebook usage has grown tremendously and overall productivity has fallen.
- You sit down at the computer, and you swear you'll be productive. Next thing you know, it's twelve hours later. You've checked your email, updated your Facebook status, blown through 200 pages of Reddit, read every article in your Twitter feed, looked up your favorite band on Wikipedia, vanity googled yourself, cyber-stalked your ex, browsed through all your high-school crushes' Instagram.
- Add the Facebook app to the block list. In order to block the Facebook app, do the following: Tap ＋ in the bottom-right corner again. Tap the APP tab at the top of the screen.
- Using Facebook Search: Open Facebook. Either tap the Facebook app icon that resembles a white.
Table of Contents
The Facebook 'Like' and 'Share' buttons that appear on shopping, news and other sites contain Facebook trackers. Even if you don’t use them, Facebook uses these buttons to track you. Facebook Container blocks these trackers and will display a fence icon to show you where these trackers were removed.
When you visit Facebook, the add-on loads it in another tab and the fence icon is displayed in your address bar. This puts Facebook in its own boundary with other Facebook-owned sites, including Instagram and Messenger. You can allow other sites into the Facebook Container boundary, but this will allow Facebook to track more of your web activity.
When you visit a non-Facebook site that has Facebook trackers, Facebook Container will alert you and block these trackers.
You can add a website to Facebook Container if you prefer to allow Facebook to see your activity on that site.
- Visit this Facebook Container add-on page.
- Click the button.
- Click Add in the permission request drop-down to install the add-on.
- This will log you out of Facebook and delete the cookies it collected while you were using Firefox.
- Access Facebook, Messenger or Instagram using Firefox.
Firefox will automatically switch to the Facebook Container tab for you. If you click on a link to a page outside of Facebook or type in another website in the address bar, Firefox will load them outside the Facebook Container. If a website has Facebook trackers, Facebook Container will block them and alert you.
Facebook login buttons on other sites contain Facebook trackers. You can still log in, but this will allow Facebook to track your activity there. Each site you allow into the Facebook Container allows Facebook to build a more complete snapshot of your online activity.
You can still use Facebook as you normally would on facebook.com. Facebook Container removes their trackers on other sites. The following will not work:
- Facebook like, share and comment buttons on other websites. Facebook Container removes any trackers and related functionality.
- Logging in or creating accounts on other websites using Facebook. To log in using your Facebook account, you must allow the site past the Facebook Container boundary.
First, make sure the add-on is installed, enabled and up to date by checking your installed add-ons.
- Click the menu button , click Add-ons and select Extensions.
- Ensure that installation was completed.
- If Facebook Container appears on the list, it was successfully installed and you can move on to the next step.
- Make sure Facebook Container is enabled.
- If it is disabled, click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon and select Enable. click the toggle. The toogle turns blue when enabled.
- Update Facebook Container: see How to update add-ons.
This add-on does not prevent Facebook from mishandling any personal data it has already obtained or permitted others to obtain. Facebook will still have access to all your activity on facebook.com and the Facebook app, as well as any Facebook-owned applications such as Instagram and Messenger. This activity includes your comments, photo uploads, likes and any data you share with Facebook connected apps.
Other ad networks may try to link your Facebook activity with your regular browsing. In addition to using this add-on, there are other things you can do to maximize your protection, including changing your Facebook settings, using Private Browsing and Tracking Protection, blocking third-party cookies and/or using the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension to further limit tracking.
Good news! Containers aren’t just for Facebook. When you install Facebook Container, you may also see other containers. To get the best experience, install Firefox Multi-Account Containers in addition to Facebook Container.
To learn more about how Multi-Account Containers work, see Multi-Account Containers.
Facebook Blocker is an app that specifically blocks access to Facebook on your PC.
If you’ve ever wanted to block Facebook from your PC for productivity reasons or just to keep your kids from getting a little too much screen time after dinner, you need Facebook Blocker. This program locks out Facebook at the system level on your Windows PC so Facebook is no longer accessible – and it’ll stay that way until you turn access back on.
“What’s to stop my kid from turning Facebook access back on when I go do something?”, you might ask? Don’t worry, this program is fully password protected and unless your child is some kind of networking wizard, they’re going to have a heck of a time trying to bypass this program.
“Can’t they just use the mobile Facebook site to get around the block?” you might also ask, because this is a popular way some kids get around Facebook site blocks. The program will block all Facebook URLs (even foreign ones!) and CDNs (content distribution networks), ensuring that access is truly restricted by users while the block is active.
This isn’t just for kids though, you can use it for yourself to boost your productivity and make sure you get work done during your work day. Solidworks mac free download crack. The program can be set on a timer for as little as a few minutes to several hours, and if you change your mind you can always input your password and cancel the block.
It’s important to point out that you’ll need to restart your browser each time you stop or start blocking Facebook with this program because of the way it hooks into the system to block the URLs from being accessed. You also won’t be able to automatically schedule specific times for the program to come on and go off throughout the day; you’ll have to do this manually each time you run the program.
Chrome Facebook Blocker
While the program offers some good features like password protection and a block timer, there are a couple issues that keep it from being a full-featured offering. If you’re just looking for a simple pared-down blocker this is definitely worth checking out, but if you want automatic blocking during certain times
- Easily Block Facebook You won’t need to change your system’s HOSTS file to get this running; just select a few options, set a time and you’re done.
- Strong Password Protection Users can’t unblock the program without the password.
- Blocks All Facebook URLs Defeats the usual tricks of using the mobile site or foreign versions of Facebook.
- Perfect for Parents and Productivity Save time and energy by turning off Facebook whenever you need to.
Firefox Facebook Blocker
- Won’t Run Automatically You can’t schedule timers to run automatically and you’ll also have to restart your browser when you stop or start a block.