Formatting USB flash drive means emptying all files in the drive and returning to the initial state. How to format USB flash drive on Windows or Mac OS? In the essay, we will talk about how to format USB flash drive on Windows and on Mac OS and how to recover USB data. By the way, we will talk about production USB and non-production USB. By Jack Scicluna Photography, LLC - guest writer. The latest trend with computers is not including a CD/DVD drive. This helps the computers to be small and lighter. Apple has started doing this when the Macbook Air arrived on the scene. They have also included this with their latest laptops and their iMac’s. Recently photographers have switched from using CD/DVD’s to USB flash drives to. Format the drive with Mac computer. Firstly, bear in mind that formatting the drive will erase all content stored on it. Mac computers are capable of formatting any storage device (internal or external) such as HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, and external storage. If you are merely freeing up space or getting rid of viruses in your flash drive, simply select the previous format. Now, have you decided which format would best suit you and your Mac? If you have, refer to our step-by-step guide on how to format a flash drive on Mac. Step 1: Plug the flash drive into the USB port.
How to Install MacOS on Your Windows PC 2019 – Computers are required all around the world to carry out everyday tasks. Also, people from every age group have some or the other work to be done on a computer. Rusty lake roots walkthrough. Thus, it can be said that computers have gained an important place in our lives.
Formatting Flash Drive On Mac
These computers are made user friendly by their operating systems. Two major operating systems used across the world are Windows and Mac. Windows is developed by Microsoft and Mac is developed by Apple. It is believed that Windows operating system cannot run a Mac computer and Mac operating system cannot run a Windows computer.There are many such applications that won’t run on MacOS as on windows. However, you can easily delete your badoo account and enjoy other such services on your MacOS for free.
How to Install MacOS on your Windows PC?
Table of Contents
Format Flash Drive For Mac And Pc 2019 Download
- Your Windows computer must have an Intel i5 or i7 pprocessor a minimum of 2GB of RAM.
- Check your computer’s BIOS type is “UEFI” or “BIOS.”
- Your must have access to a Mac computer.
- You must also have a 16GB flash drive, a blank hard drive with of minimum 100GB, a USB-C adapter of your Mac computer doesn’t have a traditional USB port.
Now, you need to download Unibeast on your Mac
- On your Mac, Go to ‘https://www.tonymacx86.com’ this website.
- Click on register and enter your email ID in the specified field. Then, check the “No, create an account now” box.
- Finally, click on ‘Sign Up’ to Create an Account page.
- On the information page, enter all the required information such as your name, date of birth, location and set a password for your account.
- Check the “I agree to the terms and rules” box and click on sign-up to create your account and send a confirmation email to the email ID you had entered above.
- Open your email ID and click on the link below the “Confirm Account” which will take you back to the Unibeast website.
- Now, download the latest version of Unibeast on your Mac from this website.
- Also, download Multibeast from the same website to make use of your PC’s speakers, the Internet, etc.
In this step, we will download MacOS installer
- On your Mac, launch its App Store.
- In the search bar, enter ‘High Sierra’ and press the Return button on the keyboard.
- Download the High Sierra installer and close it as soon as it launches on your Mac.
- Now, open Finder and chick on Applications file on the left side of the screen.
- Here, you must find a file with the name “Install macOS High Sierra” to ensure that the installer has been downloaded successfully.
Now, we need to format the flash drive
- Directly plug the flash drive to the Mac using the USB port or you can use the USB-C adapter if the ports are not available.
- Format the flash drive from ‘Disc Utility.’
- Now, click the “Format” drop-down box and select “OS X Extended” which will set your USB drive’s file system to that of your Mac.
- Then, click on the “Scheme” drop-down box, which you will find under “Format” drop-down box.
- Click on GUID Partition Map, which you will find in the “Format” drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on “Erase” to reformat your USB drive to your Mac’s file system.
Now, we will create the Unibeast Installation Tool
- Unzip, install the Unibeast folder and launch in on your Mac PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions till you are asked to select your flash drive.
- Select the name of your flash drive >> High Sierra, and then click ‘Continue.’
- Now, you will be asked to select your motherboard type. Select UEFI or BIOS based on your observation made in the above steps.
- Click on “Continue” ate which you will be asked to enter your Mac password if any. Now, click on ‘Ok’ to initiate installing Unibeast on your flash drive.
Changing Windows Boot Order
- Unplug any USB drive from your Windows PC and enter your computer’s BIOS or UEFI settings page.
- Here, search for “Boot Order” section and use the arrow to move to Removable Devices.
- Now, select the boot location for MacOS on your Windows PC.
- Save the changes which you have made and exit BIOS settings.
Now we will install MacOS on your Windows PC
- Store Multibeast on your flash drive and eject it from your Mac computer.
- Now, shut down your Windows PC and then connect the flash drive and the blank hard drive to it.
- Start your Windows PC and on booting, it should select your plugged-in flash drive as a place from which it has to boot.
- Then, follow some on screen instructions till you arrive at the utilities menu.
- From the drop-down box of utilities, select the blank hard drive which you have connected.
- Click on ‘erase’ which will format the blank hard disc to reformat your blank hard drive to MacOS file system.
- Once done, close the utility menu and then, click on your hard drive’s name to select the hard drive as the installation point and begin installing MacOS on your Windows PC.
- Be patient till the MacOS is successfully installed on your Windows PC. Then, follow some on-screen instructions to completely install MacOS on your Windows PC.
- You can now use MacOS on your Windows PC and enable all the drivers with the help of Multibeast.
- This is the process which you need to follow to ruin MacOS on your Windows PC. The process is a bit lengthy but, works smoothly if executed without any efficiently.
- If you have any queries regarding the steps listed above, or if you know of any better method to install MacOS on Windows PC, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.