Installing and setting up the FortiClient VPN for Mac clients.
Double clicking this Icon to open the FortiClient SSL VPN connection will open the FortiClient program: 2.7 Click on the checkbox and then I accept. 2.8 Click on Configure VPN. 2.9 Configure the next screen as shown below, and enter your username in the username field. Click “Apply” then “Close” to apply the settings. These instructions are for Mac OS 10.12 and higher. To check what version of Mac OS you have, click on the Apple menu in the upper left hand corner and select About This Mac. 1.) First download the Mac FortiClient for VPN to your computer, unzip it, and click on the FortiClientVPNOnlineInstaller6.4 to launch the installer. FortiClient (Mac OS X) SSL VPN requirements FortiClient profile changes Use of dedicated management interfaces (mgmt1 and mgmt2).
This guide is intended only for students accessing resources while studying from China, if you are located anywhere else in the world or have moved from China then you should follow the standard VPN configuration guides
Forticlient Ssl Vpn Only
You must first register to use the VPN Service, if you haven't already you can register here : VPN Registration
VPN Installation and Configuration
Note: Before beginning, you should ensure your operating system is fully up-to-date with all updates and security fixes as well as the latest anti-virus or malware software.
FortiClient VPN 6.4 requires a minimum version of macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), released in 2017, before it will install.
Download 'FortiClient VPN' (do not download 'FortiClient 6.0' or 'FortiClient 6.4', scroll down the page and look for 'FortiClient VPN') from www.forticlient.com/downloads and open the file named FortiClientVPNOnlineInstaller_6.4.dmg (the version number in the name may be higher than this).
- Double click downloaded FortiClientVPNOnlineInstaller (and click Open if asked). The FortiClient VPN installer will be downloaded.
- When the progress bar is full click Install. If it says 'failed to connect', click Cancel and return to step 2.
- Click Continue then Continue then Agree to the licence confirmation.
- If asked select Install for all users of this computer then Continue.
- Click Install at the bottom right of the window – you might be asked for your macOS password.
- You should see Installation complete. Click Close.
- Open FortiClient from either Applications (within Finder), search in the Spotlight box or click the black shield (in the menu at the top of your screen).
- Click Configure VPN in the middle of the FortiClient VPN screen
- For VPN select 'SSL-VPN'
- For Connection Name enter, for example, 'VPN-ED-SSL from China' - Note newer versions many not allow the use of special characters - /:'<>()%@#
- For Description enter 'SSL VPN Connection to UoE from China'
- For Remote Gateway enter 'cn.remote.net.ed.ac.uk'
- Tick Customize port and enter 8443
- Leave all other values with their default settings:
- Enable Single Sign ON (SSO) for VPN Tunnel = unticked
- Client Certificate = 'None'
- Authentication = 'Prompt on login'
- Do not Warn Invalid Server Certificate = unticked
- Click Save to save the configuration
Download Forticlient Vpn
- Launch the FortiClient VPN application if it isn't already running
- Select the VPN connection you have just created from the 'VPN Name' field
- Enter your username(uun) and VPN password (separate from normal password) and click 'Connect'.
If you are having problems connecting once you have setup your new VPN connection then check the troubleshooting and common issues page for some suggestions.
If you have not already downloaded and installed Fortinet Client, please see the procedure for doing so before you begin.
1. Once Fortinet is installed and opened, click the “Configure VPN” button at the bottom.
2. The “New VPN Connection” configuration screen should appear.
- VPN: Be sure that “SSL-VPN” is selected.
- Connection Name: This will be how you label the connection.
- Description: This field is optional.
- Remote Gateway: This will vary from client to client. The format is as follows clientname.vpn.magna5cloud.com
- Port: This can be left as 443. However, you may need to use a specific port in order to connect. If you are a customer that requires a different port, it will be provided to you.
- Client Certificate: None
- Authentication: Check the Prompt on login option.
- Be sure to check the Do not Warn Invalid Server Certificate box.
Example of completed configuration:
3. Once finished, click the Save button at the bottom-right. This should take you to the login screen.
Universal shield. The interface is clean and intuitive.
If you are using a MAC to connect with Forticlient, you will have to enter your domain username on the Add Connection screen before clicking the Add button to proceed.
- VPN Name: Should display the Connection Name you set in the previous step.
- Username/Password: You will sign in using your own domain credentials.
- Click Connect at the bottom.
Forticlient Ssl Vpn Client Download
4. If your connection established successfully, you will see a screen similar to the image below with a Disconnect button at the bottom.Connection Issues
If you are experiencing technical issues connecting with Forticlient:
Forticlient Vpn Windows 10 Download
- Review your connection settings and assure each field is populated correctly.
- From the home screen, click the 3 horizontal bars, then “Edit the selected connection” in order to make any necessary changes.
- Confirm your device has a stable internet connection.
- Reboot the device experiencing issues connecting.
- If you are still unable to connect, you may reach us for support at 844-462-4625 option 3.