“Second monitor not showing up Windows 10! I have recently purchased a second monitor and it is not being detected no matter how I plug it in. My Build is a Cyber Power PC, Windows 10. Any suggestions help and let me know if I can give more detail anywhere.”
You just connect the cable hdmi output on computer to hdmi input on tv and change your display settings on computer to external monitor. On the tv change to the correct hdmi input. No drivers required. You must have hdmi ports on both computer and tv. Be careful on the computer to use an output port and not an input hdmi-laptops might have both. Another major reason for Windows 10 won’t detect HDMI monitor is graphics driver issue. You can go to “Device Manager” to check the status of the display drive and update it. Type “control panel” in search box and click it to open. Choose “Device Manager” from the computer settings list. Hdmi Driver For Windows 10 free download - PDF Reader for Windows 10, Facebook for Windows 10, Bluetooth for Windows 10, and many more programs.
I’ve seen people complaining that Windows 10 not detecting HDMI monitorDesign space download for mac. a lot from tech forums. Some said the HDMI monitors display no signal while others reported it not working at all. The reasons for this issue can be HDMI port/cable or something wrong with the graphics driver. Luckily you can fix second monitor not displaying on Windows 10 with the easy tips below.
Way 1: Fix HDMI Monitor Not Working on Windows 10 from Display Output Settings
Before you start, unplug the cable from the HDMI port and insert it again to make sure both the cable and port are working well. Then follow the steps to check if the “display output settings” is incorrect.
- Right-click the desktop and select “Personalize”. Then choose “Display” from the lower left corner.
- Check if there’s a second monitor, if not, keep precede the following steps.
- Press Windows key and “P” key at the same time, click “Duplicate”.
- If Duplicate not working, choose “Extend”. After that, the computer will be able to detect the HDMI monitor.
Way 2: Update Graphics Driver to Fix Windows 10 Does Not Recognize Second Monitor
Another major reason for Windows 10 won’t detect HDMI monitor is graphics driver issue. You can go to “Device Manager” to check the status of the display drive and update it.
- Type “control panel” in search box and click it to open. Choose “Device Manager” from the computer settings list.
- Expand the category “Display adapters” and right click the monitor you want to update drivers for, select “Update Driver Software”.
- Then click “Browse my computer for driver software” to go on.
- Click “Browse” and navigate to the location where you save the driver files, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Driver For Hdmi Port Windows 10
Way 3: Use Hardware and Device Troubleshooter to Fix Monitor Not Detected by PC
If the second monitor still no sound/signal detected on Windows 10 computer after trying the methods above, use Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix this issue.
- Press Windows and W keys together and then type “Troubleshooting” in the search box.
- Hit “Enter” and click on “Troubleshooting” tab.
- Click on “view all” option on the upper left corner.
- Select the “Hardware and Devices” option from the list and click “Next” to run the troubleshooter.
Tip: If you forgot the password or password not working on Windows 10 computer, you can try an easy password cracker called Windows Password Key, quickly create a password reset drive to access your PC freely.Free Download
With the 3 easy methods introduced in this post, you must have learnt how to fix second monitor not detected on Windows 10 clearly. If you still have any questions or suggestions, contact us by commenting below.Free DownloadBuy Now($29.95)
- Related Articles
- [Solved] Windows 10 Metered Connection is Missing, How to Fix?
- How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10
- Cannot Type Password in Windows 10? Here’s the Fix?
How to Manually Download and Update:This built-in HDMI driver should be included with your Windows® Operating System or is available through Windows® update. The built-in driver supports the basic functions of your HDMI hardware. Click here to see how to install the built-in drivers.
|Operating Systems:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
How to Automatically Download and Update:
Recommendation: Novice Windows users are recommended to use a driver update utility like DriverDoc [Download DriverDoc - Product by Solvusoft] to assist in updating HDMI device drivers. Our driver update utility does all of the work by downloading and updating the correct HDMI drivers automatically.
Providing a database of over 2,150,000 drivers, DriverDoc not only will keep your HDMI drivers updated, but it will also keep the rest of your PC's drivers updated as well.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
HDMI Update FAQ
What do HDMI Device Drivers do?
The developer creates these small software programs to allow your HDMI to interact with the specific version of your operating system.
What Operating Systems are Compatible with Drivers?
How do I Update HDMI Drivers?
Manually, you can update HDMI drivers through Device Manager, or automatically using a driver update software.
What are Benefits and Risks Associated with Updating HDMI Drivers?
Unlocking new hardware features, optimized compatibility, and overall increased performanced are all benefits of updating your HDMI drivers. Primary risks of installing the wrong HDMI drivers include software crashes, slower performance, and PC instability.
Browse HDMI Driver Manufacturers
Hdmi Output Driver Windows 10 Download
Total Pages: 1 Total Items: 11
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Download New HDMI Drivers (Update Software)