Most Verizon phones launched recently will work flawlessly on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile — even as far as texting, calling, and LTE features go; however, Verizon has been a CDMA carrier. To confirm your phone is indeed unlocked, you can dial.611 from the device or call Verizon’s customer service at 800-922-0204. The one exception to the 60-day rule is Verizon prepaid smartphones. If you have a locked 3G World Device phone with Verizon, you can use unlock code 000000 or 123456 or call 800-922-0204 for help. Verizon's 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones can be unlocked after.
Verizon often gets a bad rap before being more expensive than most, but that comes with a handful of different perks. Aside from having one of the best networks in the US, they also make it extremely easy to unlock their devices — no request form or stringent customer requirements necessary. The only “requirement” per-say is that you have a Verizon phone.
So if you’re not quite sure how to unlock a Verizon phone, be sure to follow along below. We’ll show you step-by-step on how you can unlock your phone, and in just a couple of seconds, too. Here we go!
Unlock a Verizon Phone
Cheat contract killer 2 for mac. Verizon for years has made it extremely easy to unlock one of their phones with the unlock code at all. Verizon doesn’t have any request portal or step-by-step guidelines to unlock their phones; in fact, they don’t even have a list of requirements that you have to follow in order to unlock it. That’s because Verizon keeps all of their phones, well, unlocked from the get-go.
Any SIM-equipped 4G LTE smartphones are already unlocked. You can take your phone at any point in time to another carrier — even if you just bought the phone a few minutes ago! Here’s the official statement from Verizon:
“We do not lock most phones or tablets that are activated with our postpay service either during or after the term of your service contract or Device Payment Plan installment sales agreement. We do not lock our 4G LTE devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.”
See? No unlock code necessary. Of course, there are a couple of things to remember when taking your. Most Verizon phones launched recently will work flawlessly on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile — even as far as texting, calling, and LTE features go; however, Verizon has been a CDMA carrier for years, which means that’s the primary network that many of its phones have operated on. So, naturally, some of the older phones might not have the GSM radios necessary to call and text within the US, not to even mention being able to operate on LTE. Once again though, you should be fine as far as any recent Verizon phone goes, but you’ll need to do your research on some of the older ones (or even just take one for a test run).
If you’re running into trouble with using your SIM-equipped Verizon phone on another network, you can call 888-294-6804 for assistance.
Many postpaid 3G devices can sort of be unlocked without a code. There are two preset codes that you can use to unlock them — either “000000” or “123456”. However, there is a brand of 3G devices that do require a special code. That brand is Verizon’s World Devices, and you have to talk to a Verizon tech to get that unlocked, or use a third-party service, which we’ll touch on momentarily.
Prepaid devices are a little different. Like postpaid 3G devices, many can be unlocked with the preset codes “000000” or “123456″; however, many prepaid devices bought off the shelf have to be activated for 12 months before you can unlock. Luckily, there’s a way around that with third-party unlock companies.
Use a third-party service
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to unlock a 4G LTE SIM-equipped smartphone, but it gets a little more difficult when it comes to 3G devices and prepaid devices. After all, the carrier certainly wants to keep you on their network and not on a competitor’s network. That said, you can skip the Verizon red tape by simply using a third-party service to unlock your phone. You’ll just buy a code from an unlock company — which can cost as much as $60 — but it’ll get your phone operating on another network in no time, and without all of the barriers that Verizon puts in front of you, such as a prepaid device needing to be activated for 12 months.
You’ll want to search around and research good companies for this, though. Make sure they’re reputable, otherwise you might end up handing your money to one in return for, well, nothing. Most reputable companies out there will have a customer service team on standby to assist you with unlocking your phone with their supplied code.
Here we’ve shown you how you can unlock a Verizon phone without the code; however, some phones on Verizon just require a code — there’s not much way to get around it without one. The good news is that you don’t have to meet Verizon’s requirements to get that code — an unlock service can get one of those phones operating on another network in a jiffy.
Do you have an unlocked Verizon phone? How easy was it for you to use it on another carrier’s network?
Verizon iPhone unlock facilities are now legal and available to the world audience. Consumers might want to use this for a variety of reasons – selling off for a higher price or shifting to another network being some of the most common. All the big cell phone carriers are making unlocking an easy process. You might also want to be equipped with an amazing knowledge that Verizon doesn’t lock most smart phones and has the most easy-going policies. For this reason, Verizon unlock code sales have gone up by a tremendous percentage. But when you buy a questionable Verizon device (stolen or outstanding on bills), it won’t get activated even if everything else is in place.
The Concept of a Phone Lock
Every phone carrier needs a software code on the phone. This is put on by the manufacturer and enables the device to run on a single network unless unlocked and switched. In order to unlock Verizon iphone, one needs to understand about the difference between 2G/3G and CDMA/EV-DO operated devices. Particular phone models are also sold unlocked, but in case you want to get in unlocked after acquirement, pay the full price to seal the contract. You can conduct thorough research on which companies provide phones unlocked, straight out of the box. However, one of the pros for getting the device unlocked and switched is that the warranty will not be void.
Comparing Unlocking, Unblocking and Jailbreaking
Unlocking is especially common in the pre-owned market. Phones sold by contract entail the phone top remain unlocked until the initial contract expires. As opposed to unlocked, unblocking is illegal in all aspects. This is generally conducted on wrongly acquired devices so that they become operational. Jail breaking a phone is somewhere between unlocking and unblocking. It is the process of changing a few ground-settings on the phone to remove restrictions. Only someone with good technical knowledge could achieve this without harming the software. This is a however, a common practice, and is basically used to counter the prevention on certain files and apps from getting deleted.
The Verizon iPhone Unlock Procedure
• In order to avoid the Verizon unlock hassle completely; you can opt for a factory unlocked phone. This means that you don’t have to get an unlock code for the software at all. However, this slip of trouble might just cost you a few extra dollars.
• Verizon phones run on CDMA and come without SIM cards. When SIM cards are already there, all one needs to do is check its “unlock status” and switch over to a new one. This is done without facing any trouble from the network department.
• The easiest and most inexpensive way to unlock Verizon iPhone is to contact a company for factory unlock. Just pay a small service fee and you will get the phone unlocked, as the company doing factory unlocks will whitelist your phone in the manufacturer’s database. However, ensure that your contract with your carrier has reached expiry. Just order the service in order to unlock Verizon iPhone permanently.
• In case you can’t decide which method to use or company for the unlock service, just go to our online shop and choose your phone model. We will charge you a small fee, but you can be rest assured that the job will be done well.
• All the while, make sure that long-term contracts are cleared off and that your account stands safe. This will help you get authentication to do a Verizon iPhone unlock. Also, check with the new prospective carrier before switching, so that you know that it is a sure-shot thing.
Facts About Prepaid and Postpaid Unlock Policies
• There might be no Verizon lock on their post-pay devices during the tenure of their contract or after it.
• Only the devices which are not iPhone 3G have locked SIM cards and the unlock service for these are very simple and can be gathered from our e-shop right on this website.
• Verizon might lock the 4G LTE devices also and people who get them know that switching to another carrier will need effort.
• Prepaid devices on 4G LTE can be locked in Verizon, as usual.
• The 3G devices, apart from the 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid ones might be already unlocked. The restricted ones are tied to the Verizon prepaid services for 6 months and for 12 months to the wireless network. The count begins as soon as the devices are activated.
All military postpaid and prepaid Verizon phone users get unlock codes promptly and on demand. If you want to unlock Verizon phone, we can get it whitelisted when you see such product in our e-shop.
How To Unlock A Verizon Samsung Phone
The Advantages of Getting an Unlocked Phone
• These phones come with a lot of options and there’s no problem with compatibility with SIM cards. You can switch networks at any desired time. This means that you don’t have to worry about getting a new device while moving to a different place or going travelling for a lengthy period of time.
• There can also be instances when you don’t like the service or the pricing policy of the carrier and would like to go for something more compatible with your needs. So, there’s no waiting period for this to happen if you go for an unlocked device.
Disadvantages of Getting an Unlocked Phone
• The cost of an unlocked phone will definitely be higher and you would be paying a lot of extra cash. The main reason that service providers provide discounted devices is that some loyalty and time is automatically designated to them.
• Unlocked phones have to be bought at a one-time payment. In the other hand, locked phones come with better features and minimum cost that can be divided into recurring payments over the months.
Unlock Verizon Wireless Phone
Whatever the conditions are, Verizon iPhone unlock prevents disruption of some of the most important functional software on the smart phones. You need to understand that and go about the unlocking and switching without any hesitation. Do your research and handle Verizon phone unlock for every purpose that comes along.