Many of us would want to switch to a Mac OS but Windows OS has its own advantages that are too good to let go off. Having two different systems doesn’t really make sense. So, what does one do?
- Running macOS without the Mac. MacOS should now be installed in VirtualBox. Any time you want to use it, simply launch VirtualBox, and start your virtual machine. When you’re done, you can either close VirtualBox or shut down through your macOS virtual machine.
- Step-by-step Guide to install Mac OS X on PC using VirtualBox. Step 1: Install VirtualBox. If you do not have VirtualBox, download and install it from this link. The installation process should be easy. After downloading, click on the setup and follow the prompts as required. Step 2: Extract Mac OS X El Capitan.
Well there is a solution to this, VirtualBox! If your system meets the hardware and software requirements then you successfully Install MacOS On Windows 10
Read on to know what is a Virtual Box and how you can run Mac OS on Windows computer.
What is VirtualBox?
Before using the emulated OS on your VirtualBox, you should first create the VM instance prior to running the virtual system on your Mac. Run the app and click “New” button on the toolbar. Starting from now the “Create New Virtual Machine” wizard is started. In order to do this, you will to switch to the “Downloads” page and select an archive, appropriate for the Mac OS system. When the installation archive is downloaded, run it. In order to start the setting up process of VirtualBox virtual machine on Mac OS, open VirtualBox app and click the New button, so that the new virtual machine is created.
VirtualBox is a virtualization application available cross platform. It can be used to run multiple operating system on single computer, that is Windows, Mac, Linux or Windows Server. It works on Intel or AMD based processors. You can use it as Virtual Machine for Mac.
Minimum System Requirements:
Before you plan to install VirtualBox, here are the 3 little system requirements:
- 4 GB RAM
- 64-Bit Computer
- Dual core processor
How To Install MacOS On Windows 10: Quick Steps
After checking minimum requirements, you can proceed further with these steps to install macOS High Sierra on your Windows 10 computer.
- Download macOS High Sierra from the given link and extract the Zip file on your desktop.
- Download and install the latest version of VirtualBox from the given link.
- After download and installation of VirtualBox open the app and click on New button given at the top. Here you will need to enter some details.
As you can see in the screenshot you need to make these entries:
Name: macOS 10.12 Sierra
Type: Mac OS X
Version: 10.12 Sierra
- After making these entries click on Next. You will be asked for a Hard Disk. Choose “Use an existing virtual hard disk file” and click on the folder icon to choose the file on desktop from downloaded OS X Sierra to install Mac OS on VirtualBox.
- Now click on the settings icon given at the top of the virtual box. You will be on the General tab.
- Click on System next to General. Here you will find three tabs click on the Drag slider in front of processor to 2 and make sure that Enable PAE/NX is enabled.
- Now click on the Motherboard tab and unselect Floppy and make sure that IHC9 is selected in dropdown.
- Now, navigate to Display and drag the slider in front of Video memory to 128 MB.
- Finally, head to Storage in the side pane and choose macOS 10.12 Sierra.vmdk under Attributes, set the Hard Diskto SATA Port 0. When you are done, click OK.
- Now, that you are done with the settings on virtual box you can close it. Our next step will be to add code to VirtualBox with Command Prompt.
- Here is the code that you should copy on the notepad.
cd “C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “macOS 10.12 Sierra” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1.
- Now run Command Prompt as Administrator. You can choose Run as Administrator by right clicking Command Prompt icon.
- In the Command Prompt copy and paste the above code and hit enter. You will see a screen like this.
- Now, close the Command Prompt and open VirtualBox on your computer. Select macOS 10.2 Sierra and click on Start after a couple of seconds your Virtual Mac machine will be started.
- Go ahead and set up your virtual Mac machine. After the set up your Virtual Mac with Mac OS sierra is ready to use.
That’s it! Now your Mac OS X Virtual Machine is ready. So, you do not need to spend extra money to enjoy the feature or your all-time favorite operating system Mac OS. You can get this on your computer for free with Install macOS on Windows 10.
Currently MacOS X is available to download for everyone, and with it you will obtain a mass of advantages and bonuses, like incredible Aqua interface and unforgettable style and traditions of classical MacOS X design. However, at the moment all the enthusiasts are capable to install and run MacOS X on VirtualBox VM instance, but you’ve got to know, that you will encounter some obstacles and thorns on your way. The main reason is different hardware architecture, PC has a lot of special options and peculiarities comparing to MacOS X platform, and during installation of MacOS in VirtualBox you will tackle with them all. Also no one guarantees that everything would work fine on your VirtualBox instance, without any problems and barriers, so be ready for unexpected surprises and moments.
In this article I’m going to tell you how to run Mac OS X on VirtualBox, how to customize it and how to transform the virtual instance into functional representation easily.
The first thing what you should do prior to setting up, is to download the virtual hard disk image with the stored copy of Mac OS X (in this build 10.11 ElCaptain version is installed), so everything that you need is to get the installed copy of HDD, import it into VirtualBox and start using it as if you installed it yourself.
How To Use Mac For Virtualbox Windows 10
So, download the file from the source link and extract the archive to the reliable destination.
Now I will describe the hardware requirements for the MacOS X installation on VirtualBox.
Requirements for the personal computer:
OS: Windows 10/8/7 (64-bit)
RAM: 3072 MB (minimal)
BIOS: Virtualization Enable (VT-x)
The next step, which you should perform, is to install VirtualBox.
Further create new VM instance. Here come the parameters:
Name: OSX ElCapitan Final
Version: MacOSX 10.11 ElCapitan (64-bit)
Image: OSX ElCapitan Retail.vmdk
When the form with RAM memory definition appears during VirtualBox setting up, set the RAM size to 4 GB (minimum 2.56 GB).
Next step is related to virtual machine configuration. Set up the following settings for exact reproduction of hardware platform and correct VM operation:
CPU: 2 CPU and Enable PAE/NX
System: Disable Floppy, Enable EFI, Chipset is IHC9 or PIIX3.
How To Install Macos Mojave On Virtualbox
On this iteration the algorithm “How to install Mac OS X on VirtualBox?” is approaching to its conclusion. Using the predefined instruction, you will easily be able to install and run MacOSX 10.11 ElCapitan on your Windows PC platform and VirtualBox appropriately and use it with full comfort and coziness. As far as this instruction is quite detailed and circumstantial, you will not feel any discomfort or confusion while addressing to it. Also we checked the links given in the beginning of the article, and may guarantee that they are all correct and working. Thus, they will serve you well and successfully.