|Developer(s)||New World Interactive|
|Publisher(s)||New World Interactive|
|Release||January 22, 2014|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, action, strategy|
Insurgency is a multiplayer tactical first-person shootervideo game developed and published by New World Interactive. It is a standalone sequel to Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat, a community made mod for Valve's Source engine. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux on January 22, 2014. The game received mixed to positive reviews from game critics, who compared it to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, but was acclaimed by players for its realism, harsh difficulty, mod support, sound design, animations, levels and gameplay, and was equally praised for its optimization.
They plan to work on Mac/Linux releases when they feel the PC version is in a good place. Arma released a beta version of Arma III specifically for mac using a modified version of the Unreal Engine 4 made for Mac. But with how Unreal Engine is currently, and how glitchy it is just for PC, I don't think they're making a Mac version anytime. All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos Workshop News Guides Reviews. They plan to work on Mac/Linux releases when they feel the PC version is in a good place. Arma released a beta version of Arma III specifically for mac using a modified version of the Unreal Engine 4 made for Mac. But with how Unreal Engine.
The objective of Insurgency varies between game modes.
- Insurgency: Sandstorm, is the sequel to multi-million selling Insurgency by developers New World Interactive. Designed to retain what made Insurgency great, and build upon it, the FPS epic comes enhanced and expanded as a new game in Insurgency: Sandstorm, coming to PlayStation 4.
- Choose and pay for your game via our quick, secure checkout; A simple, plain English download instructions link will be available as soon as you complete your order.
There are a total of nine online game modes and five co-op game modes.
Online game modes
- Push: The attacking team must capture three territorial objectives in sequential order. For every objective captured, more reinforcements are made available and more time is given to capture the next objective. The defenders must protect the objectives from the attackers. If the attackers are able to capture all three objectives, they must find and destroy the cache. At this point, the defenders only have one life to fend off the attackers. The game ends when either team runs out of reinforcements and players or time.
- Firefight: Both teams must battle each other to capture all three territorial objectives. Each player only has one life and can only respawn after their team has captured an objective. A team wins when either the entire other team is eliminated, or all three objectives are captured.
- Skirmish: Like Firefight, there are three territorial objectives that both teams have to capture. Each team also as a cache to protect. If the caches of both teams are destroyed, the game will be played like Firefight. To win, the cache must be destroyed and all three objectives captured.
- Occupy: Each team has a certain number of reinforcement waves. There is one central territorial objective that the teams have to the capture. The team that is in possession of the objective will be given infinite reinforcement waves. The game is won when the other team has run out of reinforcement waves, and do not have any players remaining.
- Ambush: One team has a VIP that they must escort to an end location, whilst the other team must stop the convoy from reaching their end destination. The game ends when the VIP reaches his or her destination, or when the VIP is killed.
- Strike: The attacking team must destroy the three caches of the defending team. For every cache the attacking team destroys, time and additional reinforcements are rewarded. The game ends when the attacking team runs out of reinforcements and players, or when all three caches are destroyed.
- Infiltrate: Each team must capture and return the enemy's intel back to their base. Reinforcements are only rewarded when the enemy intel is captured, or when the enemy with the intel belonging to the player's team is eliminated. (This game mode has since been discontinued)
- Flashpoint: Each team receives two caches with one neutral territorial objective. The game ends when the opposing team's caches are destroyed, and the entire territory is captured. (This game mode has since been discontinued)
- Elimination: The attacking team must destroy one of two caches belonging to the defending team. Each player only has one life. The game ends when one of the caches is destroyed, or when the entire attacking team is eliminated.
Cooperative game modes
- Checkpoint: Players are grouped into one team and must complete mission-based objectives against AI. Every completed objective will grant fallen players another life.
- Hunt: Players are grouped into one team and must eliminate the entire group of AI insurgents. Each player only has one life. The game ends when all insurgents are killed and the weapons cache is destroyed.
- Survival: Players play as insurgents who must take on increasingly difficult waves of security forces. Each successful wave grants players extra supply points to purchase stronger weapons and modifications. Any dead players will also be revived at the end of each wave.
- Outpost: Players are grouped into one team and must protect their weapons cache from opposing forces. Every wave that is successfully defended will grant the players reinforcements.
- Conquer: Players must capture objectives and defend them from opposing forces. Destroying opposing caches will reduce the amount of opposing forces.
One of Insurgency's defining characteristics is its hardcore gameplay. Unlike other first-person shooters, Insurgency has a very simple HUD, and lacks virtual crosshairs, ammunition and player health counters and minimaps. Also, all guns instantly kill with one shot to the head. This adds a considerable level of difficulty for the player.
At the beginning of each game, players are able to choose a class and select a variety of weapons. Players have a certain amount of supply points to spend on purchasing weapons and modifications.
Inspired by the reception of the Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat mod for Half-Life 2, a dedicated sequel was put into development. In July 2012, a kickstarter was launched for Insurgency, with a goal of $180,000. The kickstarter later failed with only 37% of the monetary goal raised. After multiple obstacles to work through, such as constantly running out of funds, the game was finally launched into Steam's early access in March 2013. During the ten months in early access, the developers of Insurgency were able to get feedback from the community, and thoroughly updated the game. The game was officially released on January 22, 2014.Dmg mac os x download.
Insurgency was met with overall good reviews. Metacritic, which grades on a 100-point scale, gave Insurgency a 74.IGN rated it a 7.5 out of 10, Hooked Gamers rated it a 9 out of 10, and PC Gamer rated it a 77.
As of July 2017, there are approximately 3.76 million owners of Insurgency on Steam. According to Andrew Spearin, the creative director of New World Interactive, about 400,000 copies were sold in the first eight months on Steam.
In February 2016, New World Interactive announced a sequel, Insurgency: Sandstorm. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, and will release in spring 2020 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.Insurgency: Sandstorm is published by Focus Home Interactive and uses Unreal Engine 4. Originally planned to be released in 2017, the Microsoft Windows version of the game was released on December 12, 2018 on Steam to critical acclaim from game critics and players alike, with console versions planned to be released in the first half of 2019.
Insurgency Mac Catalina
- ^ abc'Insurgency on Steam'. store.steampowered.com. Retrieved June 17, 2016.
- ^'New World Interactive'. newworldinteractive.com. Retrieved June 17, 2016.
- ^ abc'Insurgency review'. pcgamer. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- ^ abcPearson, Craig (January 28, 2014). 'INSURGENCY REVIEW'. Insurgency Review. IGN.
- ^ abSarkar, Samit (June 1, 2013). 'From mod to game: Insurgency devs turn pro, but maintain community origins'. Polygon. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- ^Gera, Emily (July 11, 2012). ''Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat' sequel comes to Kickstarter'. Polygon. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- ^'The Future of Insurgency. Begins Now New World Interactive'. newworldinteractive.com. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- ^ abFarokhmanesh, Megan (January 14, 2014). 'Steam Early Access shooter Insurgency launches in full Jan. 22'. Polygon. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- ^'Insurgency'. Metacritic. Retrieved June 17, 2016.
- ^'Insurgency PC review - 'A breath of fresh air' Hooked Gamers'. www.hookedgamers.com. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- ^'Insurgency -'. SteamSpy - All the data about Steam games. Retrieved July 10, 2017.
- ^Spearin, Andrew (September 23, 2014). 'First 24hrs: Results from Steam's update'. Medium. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- ^ abc'Announcing Insurgency: Sandstorm'. New World Interactive. February 23, 2016. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- ^'Insurgency: Sandstorm Launching for Consoles in Spring 2020'. Escapist Magazine. September 19, 2019. Retrieved February 10, 2020.
- ^'Insurgency Sandstorm Community Update, Release Date Announcement'. New World Interactive. May 31, 2018. Retrieved August 15, 2018.