How to Download Kik For Mac? Even though this excellent messenger app is not officially available for Mac, you can download it using an emulator. An emulator is a software that tricks your computer to act like something else. Kik Messenger is a free app that lets you easily communicate with all your friends and contacts, sending them text messages, pictures, and chatting with them in real time. The app has some interesting features, such as the notification system, that lets you know when one of your messages has been sent, delivered, and most importantly, read.
In this tutorial, learn how to download and install Kik Messenger on PC (Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS) for free. Kik Messenger is the best messaging app which allows you to select one-on-one chat or with groups and meet new friends within the app. Also, you can send videos, gifs, pictures, games, and more. Kik messenger for mac free download - K Usernames for Kik Messenger, Kik Messenger Guide for Windows 10, K Usernames - For Kik Messenger, and many more programs.
Kik messenger is definitely one of the most known messaging applications. If you are a chatterbox and love chatting with your friends, then this is the best app to use. In other words, the app allows you to communicate with your friends easily and has many features designed to make conversations interesting.
Best Ways to Download Kik for PC:
There are about two ways to download Kik on your PC:
- Using an Android Emulator
- No download method.
Download Kik Messenger Using an Android Emulator:
What is an Android Emulator? Android Emulator is a software that allows you to use any Android apps on your PC. The software manages to run virtual Android OS for Windows and Mac OS as well. In simple words, an Android emulator helps to create a setup that lets you emulate an Android device on your PC.
Best Android Emulators Download For PC:
This is actually one of the most popular Android emulators. It has both windows and mac versions. We will highly suggest you download and use Bluestacks as it is totally free and it has a user-friendly interface.
So, Andyroid has released its latest version very recently that has actually become so popular. Mac tools et97 user manual. To be honest, many Bluestacks users have started using Andyroid because they have such amazing features. The free version of Andyroid has each and everything that you would need to use Kik generally for PC on your Windows or Mac computer.
Steps to Install Bluestacks For Windows:
After you have successfully downloaded Bluestacks or any other emulators, you will need to install it. Follow these basic steps to install the emulator:
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded and stored the Bluestacks file or the emulator.
- Then, Double-click on the executable file to proceed further.
- Wait for the installation wizard to guide you through the process.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation process.
Kik For Computer Free Download
Once you have installed the Android emulator successfully, the next step is to launch it.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Find the Bluestacks icon on your desktop and click on it or any other emulator that you have downloaded and click on the icon.
- If you are unable to locate the icon, click on the Start button and type Bluestacks or the name of the emulator in the search bar.
- Click on the proper option to launch the software
- You can even click Start>All Programs>Bluestacks
- The selected emulator will open and run on your PC.
Download Kik on Windows Using Bluestacks:
Download Kik Messenger For Computer
After that, you need to download the Kik .APK File. When it is time to install Kik on your computer. Follow these basic steps to do that:
- Find Kik .APK file in the folder where you had saved the file while downloading the APK on your computer.
- Double-click on the APK file and wait a bit.
- Bluestacks or any other emulator will launch and run the KIK messenger automatically.
- Right-click on the .APK and then choose open with.
- A new window will appear on the screen where you can select a program to open the file with.
- Choose the name of your emulator from the options available.
- After that, click OK to install Kik on your PC.
Now you can simply log in to Kik and start chatting with your friends.
No Download Method:
You may even choose the no download option in which you don’t need to download an Android emulator. The advantages of the No download method are:
- You don’t need to worry about disk space in your PC as it does not need installation
- You only need a web browser to use Kik instant messenger
- You can use countless Android apps on your computer without using an emulator.
Why You Should Use Kik for PC?
Kik Messenger is an amazing and popular messaging application. If you love chatting with your friends, then this will be the best app to use. In simple words, this app allows you to communicate with your friends quite easily, and also it has many unique features that are designed to make the conversations interesting.
Features Of Using Kik for PC:
- It has Unique Chatting Experience: Kik for PC is a very unique app in a way that it comes with a range of some very amazing features that offer a unique chatting experience to its users.
- Video Chat with people: This app even lets you make video calls without downloading any other apps like Skype, WhatsApp, or Facetime. It also comes with video chatting.
- Invite Your Friends: You can invite your friends to use this application to chat with them, you can easily invite them via text messages, social media, or email and request them to chat with you on Kik messenger anytime.
- Notifications: Whenever you send or receive any message in this application, a notification will appear on your screen.
- Multimedia Messages: It is not only for text messages, you can actually send emoji, Gifs, images, and sketches as well.
- Kik Code: All the Kik users have their very own unique Kik code which can easily be found on the settings tab. To scan the code, tap on the search icon, and then click on the option Find people. Then select the Scan a Kik Code option to proceed further.
- Bot Shop: So, if you don’t have anybody to talk to on Kik, you can just chat with Kik’s both. To be honest, this is a great feature you will find on Kik for PC. This feature lets you chat and play games and enjoy and access all the latest news in the app and other activities as well.
- Privacy Protection: When you use Kik, you don’t need to worry about your privacy as you can stay anonymous when chatting on your PC, and also the chats are safe with you only. You can even change your username and set up new accounts as well. It also has a feature that allows you to block unwanted contacts.
- Group Chats: In Kik Messenger, you will also be able to create a group on the app and name it as per your choice. Then add members to the group and start chatting all together. You can also search for groups where you would be interested to join and request them to add you to the group.
- User-Friendly Interface: This app has a user-friendly interface that lets you use the app without the need of any kind of tutorial. You don’t even need to ask anybody how to use the app. All you need to do is, download and install it and start chatting with your friends.
- You can Retrieve Older Messages: You can easily retrieve older messages using its history feature in this app. This will enable you to retrieve important chat messages that you don’t want to lose.
- Customization Features: Well, you should know that this is the first app that introduced customization features that lets users customize the look and feel of the app as per their preferences. You can change the chat page using chat themes that are provided in the app. You can even set notification ringtones for some specific contacts.
Both Bluestacks and Andyroid has amazing functions. You can use any of these emulators to download and use Kik Messenger as well as some other apps also which you may like on your PC without any trouble. You can even opt for the No Download Method if you don’t feel like using an emulator. Thus, it’s fair enough to say that both the tools are of good use to help assist you to use KIK Messenger for Windows.
Kik messenger provides users with the ability to connect with friends, explore interests, and stay in touch with happenings all over the world. Now, you can appreciate all of the app’s functionalities from your iMac and MacBook Pro computers. Enjoy a crisp, full resolution interface while chatting with friends, making video calls, keeping up with the news, or searching for fun. Another big positive of using Kik on your computer is using your keyboard and mouse, instead of just your hands. Currently, Kik messenger does not have an app available strictly for Mac products, however this article will help transfer the android developed app to your iMac or MacBook Pro.
Kik messenger was developed to be used on mobile devices and not computers. However, there are still ways to access the app to chat, send videos, and access chat rooms right from your Mac. If your phone is unavailable or the battery is dead, Kik will still give you access to your network. The best part of using Kik on your Mac, it is free. There are no texting charges or limits of any kind. And unlike Skype, Kik will not slow down your network. Having Kik on your computer, as opposed to your phone or tablet, also gives you chatting access while you are working or studying. Instead of writing up an email and waiting for a response, send your coworker a quick chat.
Let’s say you are studying for a big test but need some clarification or direction from a classmate. Kik gives you quick and easy access to other students; join a chat room for your school and send a question. If you have a group project you need to work on, but are finding it difficult to schedule a time that works for everyone, start a chat room and work together on your laptop. Your laptop is how you complete research, stay in touch with professors and teachers, and even access homework. With the amazing feature of a built in browser, Kik will allow you access the internet and collaborate with classmates, all within one single app.
KIK for Mac
To access Kik for Mac, you will need to rely upon an Emulator specific for Android. An emulator essentially gives one computer system the functionality of a different computer system. So, your Mac will be able to run an Android based app. The two best recommended emulators for this would be: BlueStacks AppPlayer and Genymotion. Both are available for download online and very easy to use; BlueStacks has been the emulator of choice for most users. BlueStacks allows users to directly install software through the app. Genymotion allows you to emulate several devices at once, and your keyboard becomes automatically detected once the emulator is installed. Users have experienced some issues while running Genymotion. The emulator has a tendency to shut down when the Android menu is accessed.
Another favorite emulator is Andyroid, or Andy. Andy specializes in communication apps such as: Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp, and even Tinder. Because of Kik’s functionalities, Andy would also be a great option to get Kik onto you Mac. The installation takes a little longer than the other emulators, but Andy is completely free. While Kik is a completely free messaging app, getting the emulator may require a onetime fee. Manymo, an emulator, is another option to get Kik onto your Mac. Manymo provides a free trial, no credit card information necessary. After the free trial, Manymo offers monthly subscription fees – the basic emulator costs nine dollars a month. However, once you have Kik installed, you will not need to use the emulator again to run it. Additionally, now that you have acquired an emulator, you can use it to get Kik onto all of your Mac computers and devices. Once you have downloaded an emulator, use the following steps to install Kik:
- Search for Kik using the search icon at the top right of your screen
- Select the option to install Kik Messenger.
- Navigate back to your Android Emulator’s homepage where you will find a new icon for Kik.
- Select it the icon, log in, and you’re good to use Kik for Mac!
Emulators, on occasion, will run into some problems. The most frequent issue users have is with speed. You install your emulator, and everything goes well. However, when you go to use it nothing happens. In this case, the easiest thing to check is memory. If you do not have tons of memory space on your computer, the emulator will run very slowly.
Another way to get Kik onto your MacBook Pro or iMac is to utilize Bootcamp, which come preinstalled on all Mac computers. Bootcamp frees up space on your hard drive to allow space for Windows. Once installed, you will be able to switch back and forth from Windows OS upon restarting your computer. Make sure to have access to Windows, and install it using the Bootcamp Assistant. You will receive step-by-step instructions to get Windows successfully installed onto your Mac computers. Installing Windows may take some time. Once it has been installed, you can run Windows through Bootcamp; visit the Android App store to download the Kik Messenger App. Once the app has been downloaded, open Kik to create an account. Once your account has been created you can start using the app! Although you will not have to step through the installation process again, you will have to open Bootcamp to run Windows, which will allow you to run Kik.
Kik For Mac Tips & Tricks
If, at any point, the app stops running or gives you trouble just close and reopen the app. To maximize your computer’s performance, close out any unused programs and apps to allow for more space on your hard drive. Bootcamp is a simple, straightforward way to access Kik and all of its functionality.
Installing Windows onto your Mac can create the opportunity for issues to come up. Many of the issues that users face can be fixed by reinstalling Windows or updating the support software. The support software, or drivers, is available via Bootcamp. Here are some of the issues you may see upon installing Windows onto your Mac: the screen resolution is off, causing display issues when running Windows; your mouse, keyboard, or track pad is not functioning; any audio from built in speakers does not come through; the built in microphone is not being recognized. Again, these are easy situations to fix and most can be solved by relying on the Bootcamp Assistant. Additional updates and driver upgrades can be installed to ensure a smoothly running Windows. If, for whatever reason, you just cannot get Windows to run properly, Bootcamp Assistant will also guide you through uninstalling Windows from your Mac.
If you are unfamiliar with differences Apple and Microsoft, here are some keyboard tips to help guide you. The first major, and obvious, difference is with the keyboard. On your Mac you see a “command” key, but on a Microsoft keyboard you would see “control”. The two complete the same action; a shortcut such as “command + z” will execute the same as “control + z”. Another keyboard difference involves ALT/Option. On a Microsoft keyboard you will see an “ALT” button, while a Mac keyboard will display the “Option” button. Just like with CMD/CTRL, these two keyboard buttons will execute the same actions.
Kik Messaging app has millions of users and is not slowing down any time soon. With its convenient, and free, functionalities the app has modernized the way we communicate and receive information. All within one app you have the ability to simply chat with your friends or you can introduce yourself to the world in the chat rooms. Send videos, play games, get news or sports updates – all within the Kik messaging app. Using the app from your smartphone is incredibly easy but having access to Kik on your MacBook Pro or iMac just enhances all of the positives of this app.
If you are in the middle of studying and doing research on your computer, but want to reach out to a friend for help, simply send a chat out to that person. Because of the app’s revolutionary built-in browser, you can still continue your homework while waiting for your friend’s response. The situation is also applicable to work. Using your phones during work is heavily frowned upon. Instead of stepping away from your work, accessing your phone, and sending text messages, install the app onto your Mac and seamlessly chat while you work.
Take advantage of the chat rooms to set up virtual meetings or study groups. Call upon the bots to get any information you need – whether you are looking for a quick weather update or an opinion on an outfit, the bots of Kik can help with it all. The best parts of having access to this app on your computer are: you can enjoy the app on the larger screen of your Mac and you now can utilize your keyboard and mouse for more efficient chatting.