- Kodi 14.2 Helix The Kodi development team, through Nathan Betzen, had the pleasure of announcing today, March 28, the immediate availability for download of the second and last maintenance release for Kodi 14 (codename Helix), before they continue with the development cycle for the upcoming release, Kodi 15, dubbed Isengard.
- Notice: Android Host is a website for free and open source Android-related files. Files are exactly as the users uploaded them, as we do not tamper with them.
- To celebrate the final release of Kodi 14.2 Helix, we've scoured the official add-on repository to bring you a list of the best Kodi add-ons. As a bit of a disclaimer: Be careful with any apps.
Kodi (XBMC) is a media-player jukebox and entertainment hub for all your digital media. XBMC is a cross-platform and open source software (GPL) available for Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows operating-system, and the Xbox game-console.
One of the best things about the Android TV box (read my review of Himedia Q1 TV box HERE) is the ability to run Kodi.
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC, which stands for XBox Media Center) is an open-source, multi-platform software, initially developed for the original XBox. The Xbox at the time was a hackable device that suits the purpose of viewing contents on the TV. The name was later changed to Kodi due to legal issues (“Xbox” property is of course, owned by Microsoft). And it made perfect sense to change the name to something more generic because nowadays Kodi runs on more devices than ever before. Helix is the latest iteration of Kodi and perhaps the best.
Installing Kodi on the Android TV box was a breeze. Just download the appropriate installer HERE (which in this case, choose Android > ARM), put it into your pen drive, stick it in into the box and install. Few seconds later, you’ll see the Kodi icon on you home screen. Off you go! Adobe acrobat reader pdf viewer editor & creator for mac.
There are many things that you can do with Kodi. Below are the non-exhaustive list of its functions:
Kodi 14.2 Helix Apk
- Install apps within Kodi. The best things about Kodi is that it has multiple “app stores” called Repository (or famously known as “repo”). By installing these repos, you’ll be getting access to tens to hundreds of apps, which you can choose and install to your likings. One of the most famous (and reliable) repos out there is called SuperRepo (https://superrepo.org/).
- Content streaming from devices surrounding in your home network such as computers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices such as the excellent WD My Cloud network drive (see My Cloud review here). See how to connect your My Cloud to Kodi here.
- Organize your media content like never before. Seeing your movies collections with beautiful movie posters on your HDTV is a bliss. Once devices (content sources) are properly connected, posters and content description are automatically pulled from the public sources around the Net, it’s that convenient, and fast too.
- Tranforms how your TV into something really cool. Once you’re inside Kodi, your TV has become a smart-er TV than those advertised Smart TV’s. You can also customize the look of your Kodi app by choosing different skins (I settled for Conq for its simplied and elegent look).
Kodi 14.2 Helix Download For Windows
Kodi + Android TV box + WD My Cloud is the perfect combination for an integrated media center. Add fast internet connection to that mix, you have yourself a smarter TV with a lot more money to spare (versus the expensive Smart TV). This is by far, the best choice I’ve ever made for gadgets. Oh, did I mention the inexpensive multimedia speakers that I just bought to enhance the experience?