About the LG UltraFine 5K Display
The 21.5-inch LG UltraFine 4K had a resolution of 4096 x 2304, which is fairly uncommon but arguably “true” 16:9 4K in the original spirit of the format. UHD 4K resolution displays breathtaking clarity and fine detail with four times the resolution of Full HD. Plus this monitor is designed to work with compatible calibration devices that ensure precise adjustments of color, brightness and more.
Download LEADTEK Motherboard WinFast K7N415DA (Motherboard) It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Download Leadtek WinFast K8N/K8N PRO LAN driver 1.10 (Network Card). Windows platforms generally apply a generic driver that allows motherboards to recognize the Ethernet component. However, in order to make use of all network card (adapter) features, you must install a. WinFast K8NW/K8NWPro ATX motherboard: WinFast software pack CD: User's manual: Ultra ATA 100/133 IDE round cable: 720KB / 1.44MB / 2.88MB Floppy connecting round cable: Four S-ATA cable: USB bracket (Optional) Two ports FireWire IEEE1394 bracket(6 pin & 3 pin) Three ports FireWire IEEE1394 bracket(for K8NW PRO only). WinFast RTX 2060 SUPER CLASSIC 8G Rev B NVIDIA Turing GPU/1470 MHz Base clock/1650 MHz Boost clock more WinFast GTX 1650 D6 LP 4G NVIDIA Turing GPU/1410 MHz Base clock/1590 MHz Boost clock more WinFast GTX 1070 Ti HURRICANE OC 8G Pascal GPU / 1607MHz Base clock / 1683MHz Boost clock more WinFast GT 710 Kepler GPU / 902MHz Base clock more. Download winfast motherboard driverswestcoastfree.
- LG Ultrafine 4k monitor resolution and scale settings for Mac I tried the LG Ultrafine 4k monitor at Apple store yesterday. I find that the default resolution and scale settings uses 1440p resolution. Using the highest settings made the UI and texts appear so tiny.
- Pickup my first LG UltraFine 5k when the 2018 Mac mini came out. I say first because it went completely died on me a couple of months. Was lucky to get the extended warranty from Amazon and was shipped a refurb within 2 days!!!
The new LG UltraFine 5K Display features a 5120 x 2880 resolution, a P3 wide colour gamut, 500 nits of brightness and built-in stereo speakers, camera and microphone. Integration with macOS lets you control your display's volume and brightness without the need for physical buttons on the display.
You can use the included Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable to connect your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, or use the included USB-C cable to connect your MacBook or iPad Pro. The display has one Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port which delivers up to 94 W of charging power to the host device and three USB-C ports that function as downstream USB-C ports (5 Gbps) and offer additional connectivity and power to compatible devices and accessories.
System requirements and compatible Mac models
The new LG UltraFine 5K Display (Model 27MD5KL-B) requires a Mac with a USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or later, or an iPad Pro with a USB-C port running iOS 12.4 or later. If your Mac has Thunderbolt 2 ports, you can use a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter to connect to the display.
5120 x 2880 at 60 Hz
You can use the LG UltraFine 5K Display with these Mac models at full 5K resolution:
- Mac Pro introduced in 2019
- iMac Pro
- iMac introduced in 2017 or later
- Mac mini introduced in 2018
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2016 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2018 or later
iMac Pro supports two LG UltraFine 5K displays configured as dual-link SST 5120 x 2880 10bpc at 60 Hz. Learn more about how to connect multiple displays to your iMac Pro.
Mac Pro supports up to six LG UltraFine 5K displays depending on the graphics cards installed. Learn more about connecting multiple displays to your Mac Pro (2019).
Mac mini, MacBook Air and iMac support one LG UltraFine 5K Display.
The 15-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models support two LG UltraFine 5K Displays at full resolution, or four LG UltraFine 5K Displays at 4096 x 2304 resolution. To use two LG UltraFine 5K Displays at full resolution, you need to plug one display into a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on the left side of your MacBook Pro, and the other display into a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on the right side:
3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz
You can use the LG UltraFine 5K Display at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz on these devices:
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- Mac computers with Thunderbolt 2 ports using the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- iPad Pro with USB-C
3840 x 1800 at 60 Hz
You can use the LG UltraFine 5K Display at a resolution of 3840 x 1800 at 60 Hz with this Mac model:
- Mac mini introduced in 2014, preferably using macOS 10.12.4 or later
Learn how to adjust your display's resolution.
Lg Ultrafine Monitor
If you have issues connecting the display
- The LG UltraFine 5K Display doesn't support daisy-chaining of displays. The three USB-C ports on the display provide additional connectivity to USB 3 devices only.
- Get help with video issues if you still don't see an image when using the correct cable.
- If the LG UltraFine 5K Display doesn't power on or you don't see an image after following the steps in the article above, contact LG to get service for your display.
Apple's Mac OS X only treats certain displays as 'retina' displays as standard, this of course includes the built-in iMac and MacBook Pro (retina) displays but also I believe includes the Dell 4K displays. I strongly suspect it does not include your LG display.
It is possible to manually enable 'HiDPI' mode, and it is also possible to create a custom display override file which can then cause OS X to treat the display as a 'retina' style display.
This might get you started but you might need to do additional googling.
Lg Ultrafine 4k Monitor Resolution And Scale Settings For Macbook
Aug 18, 2017 10:30 AM