- Force Google Drive to Sync Files and Keep them Updated. Meet Google Drive Force Sync, a tiny app which helps you keep your Drive content always in sync by forcing manual updates periodically. As of now Google Drive app doesn’t have any option to force file sync manually.
- This mac App is very confusing regarding selecting the proper options. I have several folders on my mac drive and an attached usb drive with pics and vids. I want the G BU&S app to upload these photos to my google photos library in their cloud. I ALSO want the app to sync my local mac folder /Google Drive with my cloud google drive.
Launch Google Drive or Backup and Sync from Google, located at /Applications. Click Open on the warning that appears to caution Google Drive is an application you downloaded from the internet. Click Get Started on the Welcome to Backup and Sync window. Sign in to your Google account. SyncMate will sync your Contacts and Calendars with Google Contacts and Calendars absolutely for free! Believe it or not, but SyncMate will sync images, videos and music on Mac with your Google Drive account. Benefit from having your media files synced between Mac and Google Drive!© tommaso79/Getty Images To sync files automatically, add the Google Drive app to your desktop. tommaso79/Getty Images
- You can add Google Drive to your desktop on a PC in addition to using it on a web browser.
- Adding the Google Drive app to your desktop will enable you to sync your documents and files from your computer to Google Drive.
Google Drive is popular for its free programs, ease of access, and compatibility with Gmail and other Google products.
You can download Google Drive to your PC desktop as well, enabling your computer to sync your files with Google Drive automatically.
Here's how to add Google Drive to your desktop using a PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to add Google Drive to your PC desktop
1. If you are logged in to your Google account on an internet browser, you must log out temporarily to install Google on your desktop.
2. Once you have logged out, go to drive.google.com and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage. Under the 'Downloads' column, click on 'Drive for Mac/PC.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider In 'Downloads,' select 'Drive for Mac/PC.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
3. A new tab will open. Next to the 'For Individuals' banner, click on 'Download.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider In 'For Individuals,' select 'Download.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
4. A pop-up window will appear. Click the 'Agree and Download' button.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Select 'Agree and Download.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
5. A program called 'installbackupandsync.exe' will begin downloading in your internet browser.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider 'Backup and Sync' will download. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
6. Click on the program, and it should begin installing once it has finished downloading.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider It will then install. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
7. Once the installation is complete, click 'Close' to exit the pop-up window.
8. Google Drive should now appear on your desktop. Look for a window called 'Welcome to Backup and Sync' and click on the 'Get Started' button.
Google Drive App Not Syncing© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Click 'Get Started.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
9. Type in your Gmail address, click 'Next,' and then type in your Gmail password. Click 'Next' when you are finished.
10. Set your laptop's preferences for upload quality and file size. When you are finished, click 'Next.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider To sync files automatically, add the Google Drive app to your desktop. tommaso79/Getty Images
11. Set your Google Drive syncing preferences. You can sync the entirety of your computer to Google Drive, or select specific folders to sync. Once you are finished, click 'Start.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Choose which folders you'd like to sync. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
After Google Drive is downloaded to your desktop, you will also see shortcuts to Drive programs such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
With almost a billion users, Google Drive has become one of the most popular Cloud storage services in the world. For Mac, the app is renowned for simplicity and ease-of-use. When it comes to collaboration, Google Drive offers a wide range of features and apps, making it easier to create, upload, download, and share files with colleagues, friends, and family.
The perfect replacement for MS Office!
Create, collaborate, and share files with ease and simplicity!
Google Drive is one of the most popular and largest Cloud storage services. Compared to other services like Dropbox, Google Drive lets you create and edit documents using a suite of office applications, such as Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Drawings.
For all members, irrespective of the operating system, Google Drive offers 15 GB of free storage space. With a paid subscription, this can be upgraded as per your requirements. Paid members also get additional benefits, such as 24/7 support and the option to add up to five individuals with access to storage.
Offline editing and viewing
While using Google Drive’s products, you can view and edit files in offline mode. This functionality works for Sheets, Slides, and Docs. Moreover, offline viewing is supported across devices.
In order to set up the feature, you need to use Google Drive on Chrome for desktops. From the settings menu, enable the ‘Sync Google Docs, Slides, Sheets & Drawings’ files, and you’re good to go.
Multiple accessibility options
In order to help people with disabilities and sight issues, Google Drive comes with a wide range of accessibility options. It’s an important area where Google stands apart from the competition. For instance, you can conveniently add captions to video files and use the screen reader compatibility option for easy access.
File sharing and versioning
Google Drive keeps logging the history of each uploaded file. This allows the platform to prevent malware infection, and lets you revert unwanted changes. Since Google takes a shared approach to editing, this feature comes in handy for collaboration. Users can easily check alterations in the file and proceed with work accordingly.
With a simple right-click, you can share files with several people. All you need to do is enter specific email addresses or produce a shareable link to be distributed among team members. Since Google Drive comes integrated with Google services, it imports email addresses from Gmail automatically. For quick posting of shareable links, Twitter and Facebook have also been integrated to the platform.
Where can you run this program?
Google Drive is accessible on a wide range of platforms via Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, and other browsers. You can use it on Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android.
Is there a better alternative?
If you’re looking for a few alternatives, Dropbox will be a good choice. With plenty of storage space, it allows you to upload and share files with ease. Nurse uniform mock up template. However, Dropbox doesn’t give you any options to create files from scratch, which can be a deterrent for many users. Another good option is Office 365. While the platform comes with a wide range of features, you need a subscription once the free trial is over.
Mac Google Drive Sync Application
Google Drive comes with a comprehensive feature-set, allowing you to create files and collaborate with team members easily. While the company offers good backup options, you can choose a paid subscription to upgrade storage space.
Should you download it?
While Google Drive is secure, some people have privacy concerns regarding the platform’s zero-knowledge policy. Moreover, it’s not open source. However, if you’re looking for something convenient and functional to replace MS Office, Google Drive will be an excellent choice.