- Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Classes
- Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Class 6
- Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Class 9
- Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Classroom
- Math 7/8 Classroom Expectations and Procedures August 2013-May 2014 1. Excellent Classroom Environment: Classroom interactions are highly respectful. Students will exhibit respect for the teacher and each other (no put downs). Students will frequently work with partners or groups.
- Use the document below as your daily bell work assignment. Download the document into Notability. Every Friday, you should e-mail your completed Bell Work to Mrs.
- Curriculum Calendar 9/6 - Class Rules and Procedures Unit 1-Equations 9/7- Translating Equations Day 1 HW: Try it A and B (solve and check) 9/8-Translating Equations Day 2 HW: Practice.
- Syllabus Lesson Notes Homework, quizzes and tests.
Class Information Fun Websites & Games Welcome Page Parents' Math Blog. Shea’s Website 8.9-The Number Games: Arachna Graph: Level E & F Chapter 9.
|Math 8th||Hillview Jr. High School|
Ms. Dua, Rm 405
(925) 473-2380 ext 5405
Welcome parents & Students to CCSS math 8th, here are some things you need to be aware of for this year to be a successful one.
Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Classes
COURSE CONTENT: We will be covering Number Properties and Number System, Expressions and Equations, Linear Equations and Linear Inequalities, Graphing Linear and Non-Linear Equations, Systems of Linear Equations, Functions, Geometry and The Pythagorean Theorem, as well as Statistics and Probability.
Student’s grades will be based on:
- Homework 30% of overall average
- Classwork/Participation 20% of overall average
- Tests 30% of overall average
- Quizzes 20% of overall average
PROGRESS REPORTS:Safari 10.1 2 download for mac.
Students and parents can access grades online. I will be updating them periodically.
Textbook, (please bring it daily), school binder with purple math notebook, several pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener and a folder for handouts and graded work.
Homework will be assigned daily. Some days we will have time to start and finish in class. If a student misses an assignment due to an excused absence, he/she is responsible for the work missed. Assignments missed due to unexcused absences will receive a zero. Homework will not be accepted late, and make up work will not be given in its place. If students are participating in a school activity that prevents them from attending class are responsible for making sure their assignment are turned in on time.
EVALUATION AND TESTING:
There will be chapter/Unit tests and short checking for understanding quizzes. If you are absent on a test/quiz day, you must make it up. This must be done upon your return from your absence. Failure to do so will result in a zero for that test.
Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Class 6
In addition to the school discipline plan, class rules are designed to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment for all students. Students are expected to follow directions given by the teacher, to be active learners, and to participate fully in all class activities.
STUDENTS RIGHTS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
As a student you have the right to…
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Learn with minimum of disruptions.
- Make mistakes.
- Not understand the material initially.
- Ask questions.
Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Class 9
- Need and receive extra help.
As a student you are expected to abide by the following:
- Attend class regularly and on time
- Come to class prepared; bringing all required materials to class each day.
- Use positive, polite speech to teachers and other students (please, thank you, etc.)
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Respect others.
- Remember that I will dismiss you, not the bell or the clock.
Consequences for not following classroom expectations:
Please refer to the school rules in your planner.
Excessive disruptions will require a parent/teacher and administrator meeting.
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL AND OTHER ASSISTANCE:
Math 8mrs. Colville's Math Classroom
I will be available for drop-in questions before and after school (after my supervision duty), also during lunch.
Thank you in advance for helping make this year a successful one for your student. I look forward to work with you and help your student be as successful as possible.