- Mac Outlook Pst Location
- Outlook For Mac 2016 Data File Location
- Microsoft Outlook For Mac Data File Location
- Outlook For Mac Pst File
Question: I have followed all the instructions on how to archive and save Mac Mail folders/emails and have saved one folder to my USB to test it out. When I plug the USB drive into the PC and run the software, it says it can’t find any files ending in .mbox or .mbx even though I can see folders ending with that suffix. Can you tell me what the problem is? What if my Mac Mail application does not have an option to Archive Mailbox? What should I do if my Mac OS X Mail application do not allow me to archive mailboxes?
Answer: Right click to the Mac Mail folder containing emails and use the “Export Mailbox…” option to save it into mailbox file. Do the same for other folders to archive them then use the main program guide.
Outlook 2010: Documents Outlook Files. Outlook 2007 or earlier versions: C: Users User Name AppData Local Microsoft Outlook. Outlook OST files default location on Mac OS. Outlook 2011 database file: /Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/. Click Yes to have Outlook update the Outlook Bar shortcuts so that they point to your new.pst file location, or click No to leave the shortcuts for your original local.pst file. Your profile now points to your.pst file in the new location. Outlook opens your new.pst file, and you can now delete the.pst file from its old location. Copy your.pst file to the location that you want. How to point Outlook to your new personal folders file. Important: If you have reconfigured Outlook with a new proflle, use the steps below to connect your pst file to this profile. Microsoft Outlook for Windows. Click the File tab. Click Open and Export; Click Open Outlook Data File.
Please don’t read below if the Export function is available and you may use it.
Mac Outlook Pst Location
If the “Export Mailbox…” option is not available (older Mac Mail versions) you may need to find the folder containing the source mailboxes. Older Mac Mail versions store emails in *.emlx files and don’t allow to pack them into mailbox format. So you have nothing to do with email archiving option. You have to find the proper mailbox location and use the “Mailboxes” folder for the further conversion.
Note: Mac Mail may create several similar folders but the proper one is that which stores files with *.emlx extension. The message store location depending on Mac Mail application version and edition.
How to Find and Open the Folder Where Mac Mail Stores Emails
Do the following to find and open the folder where Mac OS X Mail v2, v3, v4 and above keeps your messages:
- Open a new Finder window
- Go to your home directory using the Home toolbar button or select GoHome from the main menu
- Open the Library/Mail/Mailboxes directory
This will open up the correct directory where your Mac Mail stores emails. Usually this directory is called Mail and contains multiple sub-folders named the same way as your email accounts. POP accounts and IMAP accounts are named with prefix POP- and IMAP- respectively. Each account folder contains multiple sub-folders for your Mac Mail folders such as Inbox, Sent Items etc.
The folder called Mailboxes is the main storage for your emails. You should copy this folder including all subfolders and files inside to the Windows PC and use it as the Source Folder for the Mac Mail to Outlook Converter.
Take the following steps to open the folder where Mac OS X Mail v1 keeps your messages:
- Open Mac OS Finder application
- From the main menu select “Go” item
- Choose “Go to Folder…” menu item (You can also press Command-Shift-G).
- Type in “~/Library/Mail/V2” (for Mac OS X Mail 5-8)
or “~/Library/Mail/V3” (for Mac OS X Mail)
This indicating the location of the lication of the Mac Mail v1.0 mailbox. You have to use this folder as the source for the conversion.
How to get the file location of Outlook templates (.oft files)?
Let’s say you have created many Outlook templates before, and now you need to export them, how could you get it done? If you can get the file location of these Outlook templates, it will be quite easy to export. And this article is talking about tricks on getting Outlook templates’ file location.
Method 1: Get the file location of Outlook templates (.oft files)
If you can remember the folder path of templates folder, you can get the file location of Outlook templates quickly as follows:
Open the file explorer, copy and paste the folder path %AppData%MicrosoftTemplates into the Address box, and press the Enter key.
And now it opens the folder containing all kinds of office templates, including Outlook templates.
Outlook For Mac 2016 Data File Location
One click to open the temporary folder of Outlook attachment
Escape from tethys crack online. As you know, Opening Outlook attachments are temporarily saved in a temp folder, while it’s impossible to get the folder path except from the registry editor. But, with Kutools for Outlook’s Secure Temp Folder feature, you will easily open it with only one click! Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
Method 2: Get the file location of Outlook templates (.oft files)
If you can’t remember the folder path of templates folder clearly, you can get the file location of Outlook templates with below steps:
1. In Outlook, select an email, and click File > Save As.
2. In the opening Save As dialog box, please select Outlook Template (*.oft) from the Save as type drop down list.
Microsoft Outlook For Mac Data File Location
3. Now the template folder is opening in the Save As dialog box. Please select and copy the folder path in the Address box, and then close the Save As dialog box.
Outlook For Mac Pst File
4. Open the file explorer, paste the copied folder path in the Address box, and press the Enter key.
And now it opens the template folder, and you will view all Outlook templates within it.
Kutools for Outlook - Brings 100 Advanced Features to Outlook, and Make Work Much Easier!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features..
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features..
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject..
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All.. Quick Report, Count Selected Mails..
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts.. Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.