If you’re thinking of using PowerPoint for Mac, there are a few subtle differences compared to the Windows version. Here’s what to expect.
Open the PowerPoint presentation on your Mac desktop or laptop. Click the 'File' tab in the top left corner. Select 'Share' from the dropdown menu. Of course the easiest way to interact with PowerPoint files on a Mac is to actually use PowerPoint itself. Microsoft offers the entire Office suite on macOS, and it's very good.
PowerPoint has always been synonymous with Windows. It’s owned by Microsoft after all, who understandably develop software for their own platform first…or at least so you’d think. Actually, it’s a little known fact that PowerPoint was originally designed for Mac – or rather the Macintosh as it was known back in the 80s. PowerPoint was still called Presenter back then; it wasn’t until 1987 that the presentation software would acquire its current name, and the rest is geek history.
The point of this brief software lesson is to show that PowerPoint and Mac have been tight since day one. PowerPoint works well on Apple computers, enabling Mac users to create world class presentations quickly and easily. But if you’re accustomed to creating your PowerPoint slides on a PC, you’ll notice a few differences the first time you attempt the same feat on a Mac. It’s still PowerPoint, but not as you know it.
PowerPoint for Mac – what’s different?
Anyone whose job sees them regularly switching between Office for Mac and for Windows will be only too aware of the differences between the two platforms. Of the various tools that come bundled with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook reveal greater contrasts between the two operating systems. PowerPoint’s differences are more subtle, but they’re there alright if you know where to look. Regardless of which platform came first, Windows is by far the leading operating system for PowerPoint, setting the gold standard against which others are judged.
With Mac, there are a handful of unique features that don’t surface in the Windows build. Not enough to cause you to ditch your PC for a shiny new Macbook perhaps, but the differences are there. For example, there are certain Presenter View elements that operate differently on Mac plus the addition of AppleScript and automator support. The most notable extra feature that Mac has is Dynamic Reorder. This is used for adjusting layered objects on a slide, and it’s a feature that’s been integrated well on Mac, making it easy to select specific backgrounds, images and other elements.
PowerPoint for Mac – what’s missing?
If you’re a casual PowerPoint user, you might not notice any tangible differences between Windows and Mac, but advanced users will certainly spot what’s absent. PowerPoint for Mac doesn’t have Animation Painter* for example, a nifty time-saving tool that allows you to apply animations to other objects within a presentation. Nor does Mac have the ability to enter correctly formatted equations; video or animation triggers; and video trimming. As a consequence, these functions will open as view only in Mac. In other words, you can see animation triggers etc in action but you can only edit them on PC.
*Update January 3rd 2018: PowerPoint for Mac does now have Animation Painter.
For most people, these aren’t deal breakers, but there is one feature that’s a major omission from Mac and that’s Zoom. We’ve previously discussed some of the cool things you can do with this clever PowerPoint tool which is ideal for honing in on sections, slides and summaries. For now Zoom is available for PC only, which is frustrating if you’re forced to transfer from PC to Mac while editing a presentation. It’s likely that this feature will be rolled out for Mac in a future Office update but for now Zoom is PC only.
Other minor differences between PowerPoint for Mac and PC
If you’ve ever tried opening the same Microsoft Office file on PC and Mac, you may have noticed that it looks different. Often, these differences are so subtle that you can’t quite put a finger on them; you just know that something’s changed. In many cases, this is because you’re seeing the colours represented differently on screen due to the way Macs and PCs interpret these.
Powerpoint Download For Mac Students
When you’re viewing an Excel sheet this is no biggie; a slightly darker shade of green isn’t going to throw your formulas out of sync. With PowerPoint, however, changes in colouring can make the difference between text on a slide being legible and illegible or between colours complementing one another and clashing. While it’s rare for this to happen, if you’re presenting on a computer that uses a different operating system to the one you used to create your slides, we’d advise you to double check everything before switching on the projector.
Powerpoint Viewer For Mac Os X Free Download
Whatever platform you choose to run PowerPoint, be it Windows or Mac, make sure you’re using the latest version of the software. This will reduce incompatibility issues and will allow you to make use of improved functionality as new features are added to the Mac build. Import qbo file into quickbooks desktop. You don’t have to be conversant with every tiny difference between PowerPoint for Mac and Windows; just know that they do exist. That way you’ll be well placed to troubleshoot any display issues when they arise and to ensure that your presentation looks perfect, wherever and however it’s being shown.
- Sapphire Plug-ins (AE Mac) v.2.06GenArts Sapphire Plug-ins 2D Visual Effects for Adobe AE, Apple FCP, Combustion ..
- Andrew's Vector Plug-ins Volume 25: GXRain v.25.1Andrew's Vector Plug-ins Volume 25: GXRain 25.1 works greatly and has a nice interface.Set include: Rain / Line Plugin for Illustrator (R) + bonus rain / line themed symbols, all royalty-free + documentationLine / Rain plug-in creates stunning ..
- Adobe Photoshop Legacy Optional Plug-Ins v.1.0Adobe Photoshop Legacy Optional Plug-Ins 1.0 offers users a pack of optional plug-ins for PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop legacy optional plug-ins are optional plug-ins that are no longer found in the Goodies folder of your Photoshop CS4 installation DVD.
- Photoshop AltiVec G4 Plug-Ins UpdatePhotoshop AltiVec G4 Plug-Ins Update is an update for you to use Adobe Photoshop 5.5 on an Apple G4 Macintosh computer.This update fixes the following issues:Resolves problems using Photoshop 5.5 with Mac OS 8.6 or 9.0 on a multiprocessor ..
- Sapphire Plug-ins for Shake v.2.03Sapphire Plug-ins for Shake 2.03 proves itself to be a beneficial as well as high ..
- WebDesign Media Plug-ins v.1.1WebDesign Media Plug-ins 1.1 is considered as a free yet very useful set of plugins that extend WebDesign by allowing you to add QuickTime, FLASH and RealPlayer content to your web pages. It also contains plug-ins to add background sounds and audio ..
- Gimp Plug-ins CVS v.0.2.0This project holds a copy of the main gimp cvs tree and gives plug-in developers a chance to maintain/update their plug-ins without a gnome cvs ..
- EffectsWiz - AVP plugins Set 1 v.1.3EffectsWiz - AVP plugins Set 1 is a collection of 15 plugins for After Effects and other applications which provides additional functionality. Plug-ins for op art color effects such as color dots / color rings / lines / curved lines / surreal ..
- Frames pack 01 Hearts PC MAC OS X DOWNLOADMany different heart design masks / frames / edges for use in Photoshop ® CS4 CS3 CS2 CS1 7 6 as well as others and frame plug-ins. 100 Stunning heart designs, all royalty-free, easy to use, stored in PNG format. The hearts designs include many ..
Microsoft Powerpoint Mac
- Random TouchRandom Touch provides you with an easy to use and helpful plug-ins pack (sprays particles) for Illustrator.Major Features:Plug-ins for random designs, particles & sprays for Illustrator®Includes background texture plug-in + spray particle plug-in + ..
- Adobe Photoshop 7 AltiVec Plug-in v.7.0Adobe Photoshop 7 AltiVec Plug-in enhances the reliability of Adobe® Photoshop® 7.0.x software running on a Mac OS X system that uses the G4 processor. It does not replace the AltiVecCore plug-in installed in the Plug-Ins:Adobe Photoshop ..
- ShineOff Mac v.2.0.0ShineOff is an Adobe Photoshop compatible Plug-In filter that automatically removes the shine from skin. ShineOff automatically transforms faces and skin areas to a natural looking appearance.
- Andrew's Illustrator plugins 1 v.1.6Andrew's Illustrator plugins 1 1.6 is designed to be a useful package which supplies you with 5 plug-ins for Illustrator (R) including duplication, round duplication, two varant duplication and pattern effect plug-ins + abstract plug-in tool. Set ..
- Blue Cat's Remote Control for Mac OS X v.2.31Blue Cat's Remote Control is a set of plug-ins which let you control and monitor in real time several MIDI controllable plug-ins or devices from a single customizable user interface: the User Interface of your favorite DirectX or VST plugin does not ..
- AlphaPlugins Digitalizer II v.2.0AlphaPlugins Digitalizer II - the new version of our famous Photoshop plug-in. Indeed the AlphaPlugins Digitalizer II is the fully new and power effects machine that lets you add in your composition textual effects with professional quality.
- TwistedWave v.1.2TwistedWave is a very easy to use and powerful audio editor. It supports Audio Unit plug-ins and many file formats, including wav, aiff, caf, mp3, mp4, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis. Good multichannel support: you can apply Audio Units to a selection of channels.
- 24U Simple Bridge v.1.124U Simple Bridge is a bridge from your old plug-ins to new and better plug-ins. It is a useful tool that will help you use your old scripts with your new plug-ins without having to rewrite even a single calculation. Upgrade your old-style 24U ..
- Adobe Acrobat plugins v.4.0If you own Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) 4.0 for Mac OS, these plug-ins will give you added functionality previously available only in Acrobat 4.0 for Windows(R). Delivered in a single installer, the four plug-ins are Web Capture, Digital Signatures, Compare ..
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom SDK v.3.0Adobe Photoshop Lightroom SDK 3.0 is created to be an efficient program which gives you the possibility to extend and customize certain Lightroom features by creating plug-ins.A Lightroom plug-in consists of Lua-language files (scripts) that define ..
- ALAP InTools v.1.1.1ALAP InTools 1.1.1 is a collection of diversitied plug-ins for use with Adobe InDesign. This set of tools will help expedite your most common publishing tasks as well as simplify your more daunting ones. Whatever your InDesign needs are geared ..
Powerpoint For Mac Computer
- Topaz Fusion Express for Mac OS Provides you with direct access to the powerful Topaz
- FabFilter Pro-L for Mac OS Following the highly acclaimed Pro-C compressor and Pro-Q
- VFX Host Software for Mac OS This software offers built in support for VST plug - ins
- Adobe Photoshop 7 AltiVec Plug-in Adobe Photoshop 7 AltiVec Plug -in enhances the reliability
- MainStage MainStage lets you take your Mac to the stage with a
- ShineOff Mac ShineOff is an Adobe Photoshop compatible Plug -In filter
- Sapphire Plug-ins (AE Mac) GenArts Sapphire Plug - ins 2D Visual Effects for Adobe
- Andrew's Vector Plug-ins Volume 25: GXRain Andrew's Vector Plug - ins Volume 25: GXRain 25.1 works
- Troi OSErrrs Troi OSErrrs 2.0 is a beneficial and easy to use application
- ALAP InTools ALAP InTools 1.1.1 is a collection of diversitied plug -