- Running PS1 Games on OPL Version 0.9.3.Original Tutorial From Rafi857 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPcWzrizV4&list=LLAbOTSCNLXGPy4Pk7ZFsqlw&index=181.
- Home Opl Ps2 Community Continue; Home Opl Ps2 Community Continue. View entire discussion ( 9 comments) More posts from the ps2 community Continue browsing in rps2 rps2 This subreddit is dedicated to the best selling video game console in history, Sonys Playstation 2.
- Today's tutorial I'm focusing on OPL 0.9.3 and show how the program works and a quick overview of all the settings.Remember, make sure that if you are playin.
- Today's tutorial I wanted to take another approach and explain in simpler terms how to setup your Windows 10 PC properly to share your PS2 games to your PS2.
OPL Open PS2 Loader CFG Repository (Unofficial). Contribute to Veritas83/PS2-OPL-CFG development by creating an account on GitHub.
Open PS2 Loader (OPL) is a PS2 homebrew allowing the loading of PS2 backups either from the internal HDD (PHAT PS2 only), external USB devices, or a from a SAMBA network share.
There two versions of OPL:
- Vanilla:https://github.com/ifcaro/Open-PS2-Loader (releases on GitHub)
- Daily buildshttps://github.com/Jay-Jay-OPL/OPL-Daily-Builds (releases on ps2-home.com)
Daily builds comes with lots more ricing, and experimental patches that may not end up in Vanilla. However daily builds seems to work better on some titles (Crunk's favourite did not load correctly on Vanilla).
Ps2 Home Opl Games
Last but not least, OPL is shipped with several options: the Virtual MemoryCard (VMC) that you can use to have save files stored on HDD or external USB device instead of the the PS2 MemoryCards; the PS2 remote debugger (PS2rd), a software used to debug commercial PS2 games remotely over Ethernet; and Graphics Synthesizer Mode Selector (GSM), a tool to change the PS2 native video modes. With Daily Builds you get more stuff as well.
- 2Load backups from external USB device
- a working Free MC Boot installation!
- a copy of the latest OPL daily builds from http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3
- a USB key
Installation of OPL in FMCB
- mount USB key
- get OPL and unzip it
- rename and move as OPL the OPL version you want to use (in this example, we chose the version that is shipped with everything)
- unmount the key
- plug key into PS2
- boot the PS2 and enter uLaunchELF (uLE)
- Navigate to the USB key mapped as
- Select the
- Copy it via the
- Navigate back to the root of the memory card, either
- Paste the folder via the
- Turn off PS2, and take the key out
- Boot PS2 and enter the FMCB Confugurator
- Go to
Configure OSDSYS options..
- Move to
Configure Item 1and go to the right/left to find an empty entry, and select it
OPLor whatever you like
Path1:, browse your memory card, either
mc1:/, and find the folder with OPL and select the OPL binary, in this example, it's
OPNPS2LD.ELF, if that was from Vanilla, you would have something like
OPL 0.9.x (OPTIONS).ELF.
- Return to the main FMCB Configurator menu and choose
Save CNF to MC0or
Save CNF to MC1
- You can restart FMCB
Load backups from external USB device
Prepare the device
- Partition the device as Win95 FAT32 if less than 8GB or Win95 FAT32 LBA if larger than 8GB, with your favourite tool (fdisk, gdisk, etc)
- Format the target USB device as FAT 32
- Plug the target USB device , and mount it
Installing PS2 CD bin/cue files
- Create directory for CD if not present yet
bchunk, the CD image format conversion tool
- Unpack the bin/cue files (optional)
- Convert the backup from bin/cue to iso/cdr to the
Installing PS2 DVD ISO files smaller than 4GB
- Create directory for DVD if not present yet, otherwise OPL won't see your files
- Copy the ISO file in the
Installing PS2 DVD ISO files larger than 4GB
TEMP: Use USBUtil 2.2, need to provide feature in ps2deep4u
Do you have a PS2 console? Do you still want to play these classic PS2 games? If so, you can read this post, in which MiniTool shows you how to install a PS2 hard drive and set up OPL in your PS2 console.
Quick Navigation :
Why Need to Install PS2 Hard Drive?
The Sony Playstation2 is a video gaming console that was released in 2000. It came with a DVD drive that was capable of playing movies as well as games, and an Internet port that allows you to play games online by plugging a Sony Network adaptor with IDE support. In addition, some series of PS2 like the 'fat' PS2 came with a hard drive port.
Some users may want to know how to add an internal hard drive to PS2 because of the following reasons:
- The PS2 optical head stops work.
- They want to reduce wear on the PS2 optical head and the disk read time.
To install a PS2 hard drive, all you need is a hard drive and a Sony Network adaptor with IDE support. Please read the following content to get the detailed steps.
This article shows the 4 reasons why you should buy PS4 Pro instead of Xbox One X. If you are bothered by buying a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, please read this post.
Ps2 Homebrew Apps
How to Install PS2 Hard Drive and Set up OPL?
Step 1: Insert the network card and hard disk into the corresponding interfaces.
Step 2: Prepare a working FreeMcBoot card and insert it into your PS2 console. Then, boot your PS2 and run uLaunchELF.
Step 3: Navigate to the MISC folder and launch HDDManager. Then, the HDD manager should detect your new drive and show that it's not formatted. Please press R1 to open the menu and select format.
Ps2 Home Opl Manager
Do you often play PS4 game? Have you ever encountered some problems? This post will show you four frequently encountered problems and responding fixes.
Step 4: Load OPL, which is software for transferring game data from an external device to the PS2 via USB or LAN port for gaming. Because HDL has compatibility issues, set OPL here can increase PS2's game compatibility.
When you load the program for the first time, OPL will create a partition for its self on the HDD. By default, this partition is only 128 MB in size and contains information on the game configurations, settings, optional OPL themes and game artwork.
Step 5: Reset your PS2 and head back to uLaunchELF and its HDDManager to resize the OPL partition if you want to install artwork, screenshots and OPL themes. The operations are very simple. After launching HDDManager, you should see the partition titled “+OPL”. Highlight this partition and press R1 to open the menu, then select Resize.
Step 6: Install games. In this step, you should transfer the game data from the original DVD drive or hard drive to the new hard drive. You can do that through the following ways:
- Insert your game drive and transfer the games ISO files into hard drive directly.
- Connect the PS2 hard drive to a PC/laptop and then use HDLoader or WinHIIP program to transfer PS2 games directly from computer CD-ROM drive to the new hard drive directly.
As for the games you want to add later, you can send them over Ethernet to OPL.
There are many classic games in PS2, and now there are many players playing PS2 games. 10: other times, other places. If you don't have a PS2 console and only one computer, you can play PS2 games with an emulator. The compatibility of the simulator will be slightly better than HDL and OPL.