- Another month, another prize draw in the We The Players competition exclusive to Nexus Mods users! Once again time for TokenGeek to announce the lucky winners of the Nintendo Switch Lite and 5x $50 Steam Gift Cards in October's draw.
- Free Roguelands steam key is now available on SteamUnlock.info. Free Steam KEYS! Free Steam Games. Steam Giveaways. Free games to download. In the rush to invent, conquer, and create, the ultimate consequences are sometimes forgotten.Earth lies in ruin.
- And on the iPad, Brogue is an even more incredible feat than it is on the Mac: there aren’t a lot of roguelikes that can jump from a keyboard to a touch-based interface without coming off worse.
- Multiplayer is one of two primary game modes in Roguelands, the other being single-player. It can be played by: Using hamachi (a third-party program) Using port-forwarding in your router config. There are no other ways to set up servers for Roguelands. The game will use the host ship and clients will not be able to build. The default port is 7777. 1 LogMeIn Hamachi (Third-party software) 1.1.
Looking for similar items What is similar to Roguelands? $9.99 The tags customers have most frequently applied to Roguelands have also been applied to these products: Upcoming Releases.
My goodness, what a few weeks. Ah well, IndieGraph (an indie games blog I wrote and once edited for) finally ended its run after getting hacked and basically temporarily shut down, and if you want to hear from the headman himself, here’s a great post from him that sums up our story. In any case, when it was closed, one interview never got finished and posted. It didn’t feel right to leave him hanging, and I thus had no choice but to post it here to fulfill said obligation and show this great game to the world. This inspired me. This blog needs more content, besides boring ol’ me rambling, so I decided to do this once or twice a month (depending on how I’m feeling), kind of like a recurring segment.
So without further ado, here I talk to SmashGames about his survival multiplayer platformer, Roguelands. It may be a bit out-of-date by now. Feedback, as always, is encouraged.
Q: Do you mind introducing yourself, SmashGames? Are you a team or one person?
A: My name is Sean Young, and I’m a senior at the University of Central Florida studying Computer Science. I founded SmashGames in January of this year, and so far it has been just me making games. I started out in the mobile scene with about 10 games but then decided to move to PC.
My very first PC game Magicite ended up being pretty successful after getting on Steam, so I definitely want to stick with PC for awhile and see what I can do better as a game designer and developer.
Q: What is Roguelands, in a nutshell? Is it well known what the disaster is, or is that up to interpretation?
A: Roguelands has only been in development for about three weeks now (POSTER’S NOTE: This is out of date now since this interview was done weeks ago anyway), so nothing is really set in stone. What I do know is that it will be a multiplayer RPG that is highly influenced by DayZ and Fallout.
Bamini tamil font download free. Players will be able to create a game or join another one from a lobby, making things much easier to play with friends instead of the need for port-forwarding. The world will be procedurally generated with cities, farmlands, underground sewers, and much more! Players can then explore this world and try to survive by finding gear and loot, all while watching out for monsters and other players.
Roguelands should be on Steam Early Access hopefully in 3 to 4 months. It will most likely be $9.99 for PC, MAC, and LINUX!
Q: There’s some obvious DayZ-esque inspirations here, but is there any others? What are you planning on standing out with?
A: I’ve kind of become obsessed with DayZ recently, because it is so much more than just a zombie survival game. It isn’t flashy, is has an insane amount of bugs, and it is a hassle to find your friends and play with them. So why is it amazing? Because no other game has made me feel more stressed out or nervous when I see another player, and no other game has provided me with the same amount of satisfaction upon getting a kill. Any wrong move could be the end of you. I really wanted to capture that post apocalyptic setting with players not knowing if they could trust each other. I’m also a big fan of Fallout 3, and would like to implement some of the RPG elements into Roguelands!
Q: How is Unity to work with? Any strengths and weaknesses that stick out at
you about the engine?
Roguelands For Mac Os
A: Unity is the only game engine I’ve worked with (aside from RPG Maker a long time ago) and it has been just amazing. There are so many tutorials online for everything and the community is very active. Since I haven’t tried any of the other big game engines I guess I can’t really provide comparisons. I don’t see myself changing engines anytime soon.
Q: How is coding the multiplayer aspect? Any problems? How do you plan to deal with hacking, cheating, etc.?
A: For Magicite, multiplayer made things really difficult. But now I have a lot more knowledge of how network coding works so things should be a lot smoother. Also, I’m using Photon for Roguelands so players will have an easy time finding a game in a lobby. As for cheating and stuff, I’ve got a few ideas for handling all of that but there definitely will be many testing phases before the official launch to prevent cheating as much as possible.
Q: Just quickly switching gears, what other games have you made, or are down the pipeline (that you’d like to point out)?
A: My very first game was a mobile infinite runner called Backyard Zombies. It kinda sucks but I think it is okay for a first game. Then I continued to make a few crappy mobile games, and eventually created a cool lane defense game called Pixel Kingdom. That actually had a Kickstarter campaign and raised over $5000! After that is when I moved to PC and made
Magicite, which has been way more successful than all of my other games. I hope everyone loves Roguelands even more!
Q: Do you have any parting thoughts? Thanks!
A: Thanks for having an interest in Roguelands. I will definitely keep the community updated on how the game is coming along with new pictures, gifs, and info!
Log In or Register
Roguelands Mac Download
Instructions to activate Roguelands key free(1) Launch Steam and log into your Steam account. (2) Click the Games Menu. (3) Choose Activate a Product on Steam. (4) Follow the onscreen instructions to activate Roguelands key. After successful code verification go to the 'MY GAMES' tab and start downloading.
Description of Roguelands cd key freeRoguelands steam cd key for free on SteamGateways. FREE STEAM KEYS. CD Keys Gift. Instant download. FREE STEAM GAMES. Instant delivery 24/7. FREE Codes & Giveaways. Roguelands free steam key
Roguelands steam key freeIn the rush to invent, conquer, and create, the ultimate consequences are sometimes forgotten.
Earth lies in ruin. Our ever advancing Aether technology opened a rift to another time, unleashing an ancient beast upon the galaxy. Known as the Destroyer, this massive creature travels from world to world devouring the Aether in planet cores only to leave a dead shell in its wake.
You play as a Galactic Cadet, tasked with traveling to hostile planets in search of precious resources before The Destroyer rips through the planet core. Team up with friends, gather resources, and craft powerful gear on your home planet so you can aid the fight to save the galaxy!
- Explore Procedurally Generated Worlds: Each world is generated as you and your Combat Squad beam down. With exotic creatures, hostile monsters, and unique ores and vegetation, each planet provides a different experience and challenge that will test your skill and knowledge of survival in Roguelands.
- Unique Crafting System Gathering resources in Roguelands is unlike any other game. Instead of using a pickaxe or a hatchet to gather resources from ore deposits and trees, you command your Droids to do all of the work for you! Droids have different passive abilities and can cut down trees, mine ores, gather herbs, and even fight for you in combat. Once youve acquired 10 pieces of any loot, you can craft an Emblem. Combine any 3 Emblems at the Gear Forge to acquire a new piece of gear and expand your recipe log!
- Permanent Death, but Permanent Progress Upon death your Galactic Cadet will die: losing all weapons, armor, and loot in their inventory. But anything that youve stored back on your ship will remain persistent across ALL of your characters! After tons of character deaths youll have permanently unlocked new Races, Variants, Augments, and Starting Uniforms that you can mix and match to create a unique play style. Also, any upgrades to your ship and saved NPCs will be permanent, so your new characters can have access to all of your hard earned resources!
- Master Every Weapon Type & Variant: Roguelands features tons of exciting weapon types that players can experiment with. By progressing further through the galaxy by slaying monsters and crafting items, players will unlock new weapon variants with unique stats and randomly generated augments. Craft the perfect piece of gear through combining and forging!
- Collect All Combat Chips: Every Galactic Cadet can equip up to five Combat Chips before beaming out to a planet. These special augments can provide not only passive buffs for you and your squad, but also active abilities such as teleportation or enabling the use of Darkfire. Through exploration of both hostile planets and neutral cities and towns, players will amass a collection of these powerful chips and enable a variety of playstyles and character archetypes.
- Unlock the Secrets Behind the Destroyer & the Scourge: The more NPCs you save, the more knowledge youll acquire about the galaxys chaotic and mysterious history. Where did the Destroyer come from? What is its true purpose?
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Processor: 1.6Ghz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Storage: 450 MB available space
- Sound Card: Any