Like it or not, there is a trend of digitalizing almost everything in recent years, which is happening on both developed and developing countries. One of the most popular applications of digitalization is scanning physical books or documents into PDF documents. All the process can be done without a real and expensive scanner but only a free scanning software and the camera in your computer or existing pictures. In this article, we are going to introduce the top 5 free scanner software for Windows 10/8/7.
Why Use Free Scanner Software?
People usually use the scanners for scanning the important and confidential documents for multiple reasons. This follows the process of digitalization.
- Scanners are used to exclude the burden of physical documents and they can be safely secured in the computers.
- It also frees people from waiting in the long queues for getting the photocopy of the documents, now they can be scanned and used.
- Scanner software can auto generate a digital file of the original document, which saves people a lot of time comparing with typing every word manually in computer.
- Some scanner software can convert scanned image into readable and editable documents.
Make sure you know how to recover files in Windows 10 before destroying the physical documents. In case you accidentally lose the scanned digital files in the future, the best data recovery software could be a lifesaver.
Following the same context, here mentioned are some of the scanner software that can be used on Windows 10 for scanning the documents.
Note: Most of the following top free scanner softwares for Windows 10 need Camera app in order to work. Check how to fix Windows 10 camera not working.
1. Office Lens – Best Free Scanning Software for PC & Mobile Device
Office Lens, the official scanner software of Microsoft, is referred as one of the best free scanner software for Windows 10. It enhances and trims the picture of prints, whiteboards and business cards, then saves the scanned files to local storage as picture, PDF, Word or PowerPoint file, or to OneDrive as cloud backup. This free scanner software can be accessed in Microsoft Store as well as mobile app stores.
It proves itself best in performance as it enhances the productivity. Now Windows 10 users can easily map out their ideas, save them in OneDrive and share the important documents in the form of PDF. Business cards, whitepapers, other information can be scanned and stored. It works best with the languages i.e. English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese.
The Adobe Scan scanner app is the first on our list, due to Adobe's range of additional PDF tools. The scanner app is free to download and allows you to preview file dimensions, as well as rotate. Scan to high-quality PDF files Free Scan to PDF is a free piece of software compatible with a variety of Windows operating systems that is designed to turn scanned documents and images into PDF files.
2. PDF Document Scanner – Best Free Scanning Software for PDF
Free Scan To Pdf Windows 10
Compatible with Windows 10 operating system, PDF document scanner comes with number of wide applications. This easy-to-use free scanner can adjust the document in the frame and capture an image, which is then saved in storage and converted in PDF. These PDF can be used as digital copies and excludes the hard copies of documents. The digital copies are then saved in either the cloud storage or other external sources.
3. HP Scan and Capture – Best Free Scanning Software for HP Product
HP Scan and Capture is a free utility for Windows 10. It can scan both the readable documents and images. This free scanner can detect HP devices connected to the same Windows 10 computer so that HP users can easily scan manage documents. However, it can also work without additional device. Once activated, the documents and images can be scanned and framed for basic editing. The scanned copy is saved as PDF in local storage. Have too many files in hard disk? See how to free up space on Windows 10.
How to close apps on imac computer. Think of Alfred as Spotlight with a dash of Siri. It’s an application launcher, but it can do a lot more than just that. With Alfred, you can quickly perform calculations, execute web searches, and find word definitions, among many other functions.
4. PaperScan – Free Scanner Software for Windows 10 with Multiple Functions
Controlling the all nearby scanning devices, PaperScan is compatible with Windows10. It also provides the flatbed and document feeder support. One can easily use the already existing PDF and images for scanning and editing. It helps to adjust and enhance the image quality by auto-deskew, and remove punch holes and borders as well as detecting and removing blank pages.
This free scanner software displays information on the basis of resolution, size and color mode of the image. Once scanned, the file can be stored as PDF, PDF with encryption, TIFF, JPEG, PNG and even JBIG2. It is available in free version and use two basic languages i.e. English and French, and two premium versions with more power functions.
5. NAPS2 – Best Free Scanner for Windows 10 with OCR
It is an open source software that is capable of scanning the documents and images with physical scanning hardware. It can convert scanned files into various targeted formats i.e. PDF, TIFF, JPG and PNG. Taking only 1.6M of your disk storage, the software is compatible with Windows 10 to work at maximum. Along with OCR tools, the free scanner helps to extract the text from scanned documents.
With the above best 5 free scanners for Windows 10 computer, we can easily find a best choice whenever we need to scan physical documents into digital files for various purposes. If you know some better free scanning software for Windows 10 or want to know the best free scanner for a specific case, feel free to discuss with us.
Scanner software programs are not only easy to handle and update, they are also extremely useful. The scanner software download for Windows 7 and Windows 8 include some amazing product that offer the widest range of PDF and image scanning with enhanced color options.
The scanned images can be saved in multiple formats including PDF, TIFF, JPEG and PNG. Image scanner software, free download is an awesome chance to scan your documents without any loss of data.
1. HP Scan PDF Scanner
You can download this software for free to scan documents on paper directly to a PDF format.
- Convert paper documents to image files and then free PDFs.
- Simple user interface and menu navigation which adds to simplicity.
- Multiple image effects including Flip, Negative, Rotation and Toggle views which aid the document forming process.
- You can select page size and properties for each document that is formed.
- Protect your PDF docs with password authorization against unauthorized changes.
This is one of the few universal scanning software programs which allow you to control TWAIN as well as WIA scanners, network scanners and cameras.
- It has document as well as feeder bed support.
- Supported file formats include JPEG, PNG, TIFF and PDF.
- This is the best software option for scanning purposes that comes definitively within budget.
- It supports automatic color detection, annotation inclusion, batch scanning with separator sheets support and it also has a quick-scanning mode.
Scan To Pdf Software For Hp Laserjet M1005
3. NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2)
An interesting name for a new age document scanner, this one focuses on simplicity and versatility.
- Scan documents from TWAIN and WIA compatible scanners.
- This program is available in 20 different languages.
- You can directly save the scanned file as a TIFF, JPEG, PNG or PDF.
- Brightness, contrast and resolution can be adjusted.
- Comes with MSI installer and app-level configuration settings.
- Free download for all users and download size is about 1Mb.
4. EasyScan 1.13
This scanner software program is compatible to Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well.
- It can support TWAIN standard interface and image scanning.
- You can now scan up to 256 colors, 16 colors.
- You can also perform the basic editing like flipping and rotation of the images, selection of a RGB channel and mode selection can be performed with some embedded, basic options only.
- All images scanned are stored in order and is ideal for printing or sending files vie Fax.
5. Free Scanner Software
This is a direct paper to PDF scanner which allows user to scan multiple pages and images at the same time.
- It is a micro-sized tool which acts in sync with your other programs supported by Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- A flexible platform for creating PDF, PNG and TIFF images from scanned documents.
- Minor editing like degree rotation, brightness adjustments, landscape and portrait layouts can be easily chosen by users during and after scanning.
6. VueScan 9.5.8
This is a free software program that has been developed for Windows especially that allows you to scan images.
- It comes with accurate auto-correction from color negatives.
- The software includes batch scanning support, multi-scanning and auto-focus settings.
- Simple fixing on images includes RGB settings, contrast and brightness settings and changes and modifying the color balance.
- The file size is moderately small (Around 7.9 Mb) and extremely easy to install as it comes with a step by step installation guide.
7. FineReader 10
This is a paid scanner software for all the users who want to convert paper documents to PDF.
- Comes with a limited day, free trial period.
- Make your scanned documents look like magazine layouts, brochures and newsletters with basic settings on FineReader 10.
- Recognizes images from a digital camera and imported documents for scanning.
- Supports complete layout restoration and performs all repetitive tasks with just a single click.
8. Nemo Documents 0.8 Beta
A Windows based Freeware that supports all kinds of scanning and accompanying editing, required for the scanned documents.
- Automatically inspects folder structure and provides new look for files.
- Works with multiple file formats which include Docx, Xls, Ppt, PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and other image/video file formats.
- This program conducts a heavy-duty, full text indexing on the Windows Desktop Search.
- Can be run on the background 24×7 without compromising other applications.
A portable free software for your Windows PC; this one is ideal for the light users who wish to quickly convert documents into PDFs directly after scanning.
- Uses very little system resources and can almost always be run on the background with multiple other apps.
- Save all scanned docs as PDFs.
- Multiple page support for the PDF files.
- Change basic qualities of the PDF files including rotation, portrait, brightness and contrast.
10. Hexonic Scan to PDF 1.0.0
User interface is designed for fast and easy access; this is compatible with all Windows Oss (including Windows 8 with a minor upgrade).
- You can set compression levels and DPI manually.
- Drag and Drop image import.
- Image file formats supported include JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF.
- Supports bookmark creation for each image and PDF document.
- Provides instant page layout preview and estimation of resulting file size.
Scan Pdf Software Windows 10
These software programs are meant for people who have to deal with regular lectures, presentations and data compilations. The direct conversion options aid multiple pages scanning, sorting and mailing, in order.