Classes of Driver Licenses
Renewal of driver license with motorcycle (with or without changing address): $44; Replacement or change of address for driver license, commercial license or ID: $11; View and change emergency contacts: $0.Additional authentication fee in lieu of providing audit number: $1.75; This online service is provided by Texas.gov, the official website. Texas provisional driver's license restrictions is an example of such temporary limitations, as they are removed once the licensee meets all Texas graduated license requirements. All Texas driver license restriction codes can be found in the official driver's handbook. Texas Drivers License Restriction Codes. Here are the Texas driver's license.
The class of a Texas driver license is determined by the:
- Type of vehicle operated on a Texas roadway
- Gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle or the gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of the vehicles towed
- Number of passengers the vehicle can hold
Unless prohibited by the Commercial Driver License Act, the holder of a valid driver license may drive all vehicles in the class for which that license is issued and all lesser classes except motorcycles.
Class of Non-commercial Driver License
Class A, B, C, and M driver licenses are issued to individuals who are exempt from obtaining a commercial driver license (CDL) or who are not required to obtain a CDL.
NOTE: Individuals who are exempt from obtaining a CDL may still be required to obtain a Class A or B driver license if the type of vehicle driven meets the weight requirement for a Class A or B vehicle.
Individuals who are exempt from obtaining a CDL but may need a Class A or B driver license are:
- Operators of recreational vehicles driven for personal use
- Some farmers who meet certain criteria
- Operators of cotton-seed modules or cotton burrs
- A fire-fighting or emergency vehicle operator
- Military vehicle operators
- Vehicles owned, leased or controlled by an air carrier
For more information on exemptions, please refer to the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Handbook.
Authorizes an individual to drive:
Authorizes an individual to drive:
Authorizes an individual to drive:
Authorizes an individual to drive a motorcycle.
Class of Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Individuals who hold a valid CDL may drive all vehicles in the class for which that license is issued, or a lesser class, including their personal vehicle. However, this does not include a motorcycle. A CLP Must be obtained and held for 14 days before making application for a CDL. Visit the commercial driver license web page for more information.
|Class A CDL|
Authorizes an individual to drive any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 pounds or more if the GVWR of the vehicle(s) towed exceeds 10,000 pounds.
|Class B CDL|
Authorizes an individual to drive any:
|Class C CDL|
Authorizes an individual to drive any single vehicle or combination of vehicles that is not a Class A or B if the vehicle is:
Search Warrants & More
Instantly access all types of publicly available information in one place in just a few seconds.Search almost anyone at any time with this background check subscription service to obtain information on:
- Convictions, court records, and in many cases tickets
- Unlimited access to public records
Disclaimer: Truth Finder cannot be used for employment or tenant screening. Truth Finder is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Replacing Your Lost Driver's License in Texas
If your TX license or ID has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you need to act quickly to get it replaced. You should also consider reporting it to prevent identity theft.
NOTE: When you replace a lost, damaged, or stolen license, your expiration date does not change.
The Jackbox Party Pack is a series of party games created by Jackbox Games. The games have been released for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. The jackbox party pack 2. The Jackbox Party Pack 7 Five new games: the hit threequel Quiplash 3, the collaborative chaos of The Devils and the Details, the fierce drawing game Champ’d Up, the speech game Talking Points and the guessing game Blather Round. Use phones or tablets as controllers. Play with up to 8 players, and an audience of 10,000! The team behind YOU DON’T KNOW JACK presents FIVE guffaw-inducing party games in one pack! Games include: 1) The comedy trivia sensation YOU DON’T NOW JACK 2015 (1-4 players) with hundreds of all-new questions. 2) The hilarious bluffing game Fibbage XL (2-8 players), with 50% more questions added to the original hit game Fibbage. The Jackbox Party Pack Long gone are quiet nights in watching the same old TV shows – The Jackbox Party Pack is here! Experience five fun games in one great pack – giving you the perfect excuse for rounding up friends, family and fellow gamers for a few hours of gaming delight – whatever the day, whatever the occasion.
Report a Lost or Stolen TX Driver's License
The first thing you should do to remedy a missing driving license is report it to the police. Doing so is the initial step in protecting your identity.
Reporting a missing drivers license is especially important if it has been stolen. In fact, the TX Department of Public Safety (DPS) requires Texas residents to report their lost driver's license to the police IF they know that it has been stolen and used by somebody else.
Requests for a New Texas Driver's License or ID Number
To further protect your identity, instead of simply replacing your lost drivers license, you can request a new Texas drivers license or ID number by:
- Visiting your local driver license office.
- Taking the steps to apply for a replacement license (see below).
- Submitting a copy of your police report.
Whether a new number will be provided is up to the TX Department of Public Safety.
Apply for a Replacement Driver's License
REAL IDs and License Replacements
If you plan to upgrade to a Texas REAL ID upon replacement, you'll need to follow the steps for a first-time REAL ID application. Jump over to our license guide for help.
The DPS requires that you apply for a replacement (duplicate) driver's license in person, unless you are currently traveling out of state or are stationed outside of TX as a member of the military (see “Out-of-State & Military License Replacement' below).
To apply in person, you must:
- Visit your local Driver License Office.
- Submit a completed Application for Texas Driver License or Identification Card Form Online (Form DL-14A).
- Bring acceptable proof of ID, which could include:
- 1 primary document (e.g. passport, military ID, etc.).
- 2 secondary forms of ID (e.g. birth certificate).
- 1 secondary form of ID AND 2 supporting documents (e.g. Social Security card, voter registration card, 1099, etc.).
- The TX DPS provides a full list of acceptable forms of ID.
- Pay the $11 fee (cash, check. money order, or major credit card).
NOTE: You'll also be asked to verify key personal information such as your birth date or Social Security number. IF your SSN isn't on record with the DPS, you'll need to provide proof of the SSN. The DPS provides a full list of acceptable documents to confirm your SSN.
Documents verifying your SSN are mandatory for driver's licenses but not for ID cards.
Additional ID Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you'll also need to bring the following with you:
Texas Drivers License Restriction Codes
- One document that provides proof of your legal presence in the U.S. Examples include:
- Valid U.S. Passport with, “THE BEARER IS A UNITED STATES NATIONAL AND NOT A UNITED STATES CITIZEN' on the last page.
- Valid Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551).
- Valid foreign passport with attached temporary I-551 (immigrant visa that has an ADIT stamp).
- The Texas DPS provides a full list of acceptable documents.
Out-of-State and Military License Replacement
Texas Driver License Restriction Ag
If your permanent residence is in Texas but you're temporarily out of the state (e.g., traveling abroad, stationed out-of-state as a military member, etc.), you can request a duplicate drivers license to be mailed to your current out-of-state address.
To apply for a replacement Texas driver's license or ID from out of state:
- Download an Out of State or Out of Country packet.
- Complete the Out-of-State or Out-of-Country Packet (Form DL-16P).
- In the address field, write your permanent TX address.
- In the mailing address field, write your current out-of-state address.
- Write a check or money order for $11 and make it payable to Texas DPS.
- If you haven't already, send photocopies of documents that provide proof of your Social Security number.
- Mail everything to:
Texas Department of Public Safety
P.O. Box 149008
Austin, TX 78714
Once the DPS receives your request, your license will be mailed to you within 45 days.
Texas Drivers License Codes
Texas Drivers License Restriction Code G
This form is provided by your state's agency/department.
Please select one of the below to continue:Email the link to this form