When does Acronis True Image 2020 create .tib and when .tibx?
Support for TIB (Acronis Backup) There is possible to extract / recover some important data / files from corrupted TIB Archives. If there is no way to mount your Acronis TrueImage TIB File, MultiExtractor can help in data recovery from your Acronis TrueImage Backup. How to restore files in File Explorer. To recover files and folders directly from File Explorer: Double-click the corresponding.tib file, and then browse to the file or folder that you want to recover: Drag and drop or copy and paste the file to a selected folder: Note: The copied files lose the 'Compressed' and 'Encrypted' attribute.
Backup format is automatically chosen according to the following rules and cannot be set by the end user:
.tibx (new format)
New backups of the following types are created in .tibx format:
- Entire PC
- Entire Mac
- Disks and partitions (both PC and Mac)
- Nonstop backups
- Backups in Acronis Secure Zone
- Backups, that were originally created with a pre-2020 version of the software, and continued with the version 2020.
.tib (old format)
- If you installed Acronis True Image 2020 on top of an earlier version of Acronis True Image, existing backups will continue to be created in the .tib format.
- Files and folders backups to any destination, except for Acronis Cloud, are always made in .tib format, regardless of whether it is a new or old backup plan.
- When you use 'Add existing backup' feature and add a .tib file, then click 'Reconfigure', the resulting backup task will produce .tib files.
- Backups in Acronis Secure Zone are always created in .tib format
- Nonstop backups are created as a .tib file and a set of auxiliary files.
Can I still use previously created backups?
Yes. Acronis True Image 2020 fully supports backups in .tib format. It is not obligatory to move to .tibx. Whether your Acronis True Image backups are in .tib or .tibx format, you can rely on them equally.
The table below provides useful information about the .tibx file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the .tibx file?
- What program do I need to open a .tibx file?
- How can the .tibx file be opened, edited or printed?
- How can I convert .tibx files to another format?
Table of Contents
- 🔄 .tibx file converters
We hope you find this page helpful and a valuable resource!
1 extension(s) and 0 alias(es) found in database
✅ Acronis Backup v12 Archive
TIBX file is an Acronis Backup v12 Archive. Acronis Backup v12 is a backup solution intended for small to medium business and enterprise environments.
Other types of files may also use the .tibx file extension.
🚫 The .tibx file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
We found the following similar file extensions in our database:
🔴 Can't open a .tibx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows cannot open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it..
Sharp copier machinesaccountnew. If you don't know how to set the .tibx file association, check the FAQ.
🔴 Can I change the extension of files?
Tib File Extractor For Mac
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format.
If you have helpful information about the .tibx file extension, write to us!
Open Tib File
🔴 Rate our TIBX page
Please help us by rating our TIBX page on a 5-star rating system below. (1 star is poor, 5 star is excellent)