Software for Students
- Engineers turn to IES for structural analysis and design of frames, trusses, buildings, and more. Our visual tools are easy to learn and an excellent value.
- A visual analysis essay is a type of essay written mostly by students majoring in Art History and Communications. The process of visual analysis can be applied to painting, visual art, journalism, photo-journalism, photography, film, and writing. Works in these mediums are often meant to be consumed for entertainment or informative purposes.
- The right visual analytics software will offer many benefits to the user, including the reduction of lag time and overhead costs. Traditionally, when using information access systems, if a business person had a.
Visual Analyser is a complete professional real time software, transform your PC in a full set of measurement instruments; no new hardware necessary (you can use the Sound Card of your PC) or you can use a specific external hardware (see Hardware section for an example). Visual Analyser runs on Windows 9x,ME,2k,XP,NT,Server,Vista,7,8/10. Fortunately for us, IES, the makers of VisualAnalysis are now offering a free student version that you can install on your own computers. This version has some reduction in functionality over the student version that can be purchased on their website (which has the same capabilities as what is installed in the UMass computer labs) but it will be fine for our class.
If you would like to use Simulator for your studies and research there are three options:
(1) Download the free 13-bus version linked here.
(2) Purchase the Glover/Overbye/Sarma Power Systems Analysis and Design textbook (ISBN-13: 978-1-305-63213-4) Download the software from the link provided in the book, which provides a 40 bus version.
Visual Analysis Paper
(3) Ask your professor to email [email protected] for information on purchasing an academic license for your university.
PowerWorld Simulator is ideally suited for teaching power systems operations and analysis and for performing research. In fact, the original version of the Simulator software was built as a tool for teaching power systems and presenting power systems analysis results to technical and non-technical audiences alike. Since that time, Simulator has evolved into the highly powerful power systems analysis and visualization platform that it is today.
Ies Visual Analysis Software
Simulator has been, and continues to be, used effectively in undergraduate and graduate level classes in power systems operation, control, and analysis. Concepts are presented simply, yet the software has sufficient detail to challenge advanced engineering students.