Devices and Mac OS X version. VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any Mac with a 64-bit Intel processor or an Apple Silicon chip. Previous devices are supported by older releases. Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported.
- Update Your VLC Media Player. If turning off the firewall doesn’t work for you, you can check whether your VLC player is up to date. Open VLC on your computer. Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.7 or above.
- Download VLC player 2.1.3 dmg for free. Audio & Video tools downloads - VLC media player by VideoLAN non-profit organization and many more programs are available for instant and free download.
VLC Player is extremely respected and is safe for your mac ONLY if you download it from the source website:
- Visit: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- Click the 'Download VLC' button
- Once downloaded, double-click the 'vlc-2.2.4.dmg' file to mount to disk image
- In the resulting Finder window, drag the VLC.app to the shortcut of the 'Applications' folder
- Double-click the 'Applications' folder shortcut
- Right-click VLC and choose 'Open'
- Click 'Open' when you are warned that it is not from the App Store
Note that you may be prompted to authenticate as an administrator when copying to the Applications folder. Once installed and opened in that manner it will function normally when opened thereafter.
Vlc Player 2 2 8 Mac Download
Jul 24, 2016 8:34 PM
Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any Mac with a 64-bit Intel processor or an Apple Silicon chip. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
If you need help in finding the correct package matching your Mac's processor architecture, please see this official support document by Apple.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Red ball volume 1. Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Vlc 2.2.8 Mac
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Vlc 2.2.6 Mac
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.