Power DVD Burner – Free DVD Burning Software on Mac. Power DVD Burner is the free VOB to DVD creator software on Mac. It can create VOB into DVD disc, folder and ISO file on macOS Big Sur and before. Supporting a wide range of media formats like MOV, AVI, MP4, SWF, MKV, etc., it can create an SD DVD and HD DVD. Download Elmedia Video Player for macOS 10.9 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for Mac OS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, SWF, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
- How to Convert VOB to MP4? Click the “Choose Files” button to select your VOB files. Click the “Convert to MP4” button to start the conversion. When the status change to “Done” click the “Download MP4” button; Best Quality. We use both open source and custom software to make sure our conversions are of the highest quality.
- The iOS device uses an MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC) file format for playing videos, so you must convert the VOB to MP4 format. Or you have a lot of MP4 videos on your Mac, and want to get these video into a format where it can be burned onto a DVD and watched with a DVD player, then you need to convert videos in MP4 to VOB format.
/Video Converter /How to Convert VOB to MP4 Free Online and Offline
VOB can contain digital video, digital audio, subtitles, DVD menus and navigation contents multiplexed together into a stream form. Files in VOB format may be encrypted. MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4 is a digital multimedia format most commonly used to store video and audio, but can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images.
Whether it is from VOB to MP4, there are a lot of video formats that are available and some formats may not really be compatible with your Mac because of the codecs. You will then need to have it converted to another format that is compatible with your Mac to make it work.
You wouldn't be needing an expert in video editing to fix these kinds of problems. For example, the VOB file is not playing on your Mac and usually MP4 file is the one compatible with your Mac. That is why you might need a little help with conversion tools.
Article GuidePart 1: What is A VOB File?Part 2: Ways on How to Convert VOB to MP4Part 3: Conclusion
Part 1: What is A VOB File?
Video Object (VOB) is a local DVD storage document format. This holder design some of the time contains encoded documents as DVD menu, video, sound, route content, and additionally captions or subtitles.
The VOB record is the center of any DVD video and you can find it in VIDEO_TS folders with a .vob file extension. It is like a home to real video information, including audio, for example, AC3, MP2, and DTS, and MPEG-2 stream video.
VOB records are, regrettably, not very much supported by the available media players in Mac (Apple QuickTime player). Since local players don't appropriately manage these documents, it is significant that you utilize outsider players that can change over the record into a coherent organization and play it easily.
Part 2: Ways on How to Convert VOB to MP4
In this article, we have listed 3 ways on how you could convert VOB to MP4 files on your Mac, all of the options outlined below are all simple and easy.
Easiest Way to Convert VOB to MP4 using iMyMac Video Converter
iMyMac Video Converter looks like a one-stop-shop device that you may use in changing over records, it can change over video and sound documents in different accessible information and formats.
Moreover, it has a huge number of included features that you can use in redesigning your video records and sound documents.
- It works truly quick and it can change over any sorts of arrangements in just a couple of minutes
- It includes features if you would like to do some video changing like video redesign
- You can change the lighting, crop, join two chronicles, adjust the tint and separate and even split the video
Steps to Use iMyMac Video Converter to Convert VOB to MP4
Changing over archives using iMyMac Video converter is incredibly basic, just follow the direct strides beneath:
- Go to the site imymac.com in the Menu Bar > Select Video Converter
- You may choose between Free Download or you can pick to Buy Now to take use its capability
- Open the iMyMac Video Converter > Click on the AddFiles icon on the upper left side of the screen
- Review your library then > Select theVOBFile that you should change over > Choose MP4 in convert alternative
- Click on the Convert All
Convert VOB to MP4 Free Online using Convertfiles.com
Using the web is pretty easy to convert files plus you can use it for free. But be careful though since it's for free there might be lots of ads that would get in your way, do not click on those ads as it may redirect you to some site that may cause malware on your Mac.
Also, you have to make sure that your network connection is stable, fast and reliable since you are converting online any network interruption may cause for the output file to be damaged.
You may use Convertfiles.com, its interface is very easy to understand. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the website or type in your address bar on your browser
- On the Choose Local File field > Click on the Browse Icon > Add the desired VOB file to convert
- Input format field will be pre-filled with Video Object if not then > Select Video Object on the list
- Output format filed > Select MP4
- It will also give you an option for the output to send it to your email > Tick on the Box if you like
- Hit Convert Button > Allow a couple of seconds to convert > Your output is ready for download
Convert VOB to iTunes on Mac
One of the options is you can convert the VOB file to your iTunes since iTunes mostly supports the MP4 file, this is also one way of converting from VOB to MP4 file.
For example, you can use UniConverter App and here is the guide on how you could do it.
- Visit the website of UniConverter > Select Free Download
- Open the App then Import the file on the platform by Selecting Add File or you can Select Load DVD
- On the right side of the window on the Convert Task to Select your device > A list will show then Select Apple > Another list will pop up Select your Device
- Click on the Convert Icon and wait for it to finish
- Tick on the Box that’s stating to Automatically Add to iTunes when converted
While this can be a good option, the downside is we just find its user interface is not that easy to use, you have to select a lot of options before you can finish the process.
Part 3: Conclusion
Now you can convert VOB to MP4 easily. Sometimes it is good to know the different kinds of file types so you could better understand why it is not working or playing on your Mac or why we need to convert them.
There will always be a lot of options on how you could do it its just a matter of your choice whether to do it online or have a converter app installed on your Mac like iMyMac Video Converter.
By having an app ready on your Mac you can reduce the risk of getting some malware on the web since you don’t have to go the various websites just to convert a file. Also, you can use its added features wherein you can beautify and upgrade your files.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.7 / 5 (based on 65 ratings) Abbyy business card reader app.
People Also Read:
Freely convert your video filesFree Download
iMyMac Video Converter provides you high-speed conversion to convert videos and audios to any formats lossless. An all-in-one video converter, editor, player.Free Download
by Brian Fisher • Jul 24,2019 • Proven solutions
Can I open VOB files on Mac?
VOB is actually an MPEG file with additional data which is used to store movies on a DVD disc. Therefore, a media player with MPEG-2 codec can play VOB files without hassles. If it can't play, just convert VOB files to supported format. So if you want to open VOB files on Mac or Windows computer, you need to find a VOB converter and convert VOB to other formats that play on your computer, like MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV. Let's start with the best VOB converter for Mac and Windows, UniConverter.
Vob Video Converter To Mp4
How to Convert VOB Videos for Playback on Mac/Windows PC
A VOB file is not only a MPEG movie, but has extra information in addition to the MPEG2 files within the container. This is partially because of the file system on the DVD disc. If you have ever browsed the content in a DVD, you'll see lots of IFO and BUP files. VOB files are just video, but DVD has other data besides video. So if you only renamed the VOB files, many video editing software titles can not recognize them or the VOB files can not be played. In such case, you have to convert VOB to MOV, MPG, AVI, MP4, WMV, etc. A professional VOB video converter like UniConverter is required.
Get the Best VOB Video Converter - UniConverter
- 150+ video and audio format conversions – You can convert VOB file up to 150 different audio and video formats.
- High speed conversion – The tool can convert VOB video at speeds of up to 90X faster than other VOB video converter.
- High quality conversion – Lossless conversion without losing the quality of the VOB video.
- Great quality editing – Use its inbuilt editing tools to trim, crop, add subtitles, watermark or effects to your VOB videos before conversion.
- Download online video – Record or download from 1,000+ streaming video sites like YouTube, Vevo, Netflix, etc. and covert the resultant video to a DVD.
- Transfer to devices – Directly transfer your converted video to DVD and my other destinations like iPhone, iPad and so on.
Tutorial 1. How to Convert VOB Files on macOS 10.7 and Later
Step 1. Launch VOB Converter for Mac and Import VOB Files
To install VOB Converter for Mac (macOS 10.7 Lion to 10.15 Catalina), simply double click the downlaoded .dmg file, and copy the application to your Applications folder (or wherever you want it). Then drag and drop VOB files from Finder to the program. Note that you don't need to import IFO or BUP files, just the VOB files. You'll see all imported VOB video in the item tray.
Alternatively, click the drop-down icon beside 'Add Files' button to locate a VOB file or DVD VIDEO_TS folder with your VOB files directly from your Camcorder. If they are VOB files of an inserted DVD disc, there will be a DVD icon on desktop, just drag and drop it to the program, and the video clips will be imported like the above methods.
Step 2. Convert VOB Files to MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, iMovie, etc. on Mac
Next, select an output format from the output format list that open by click the format icon. If you want to play VOB files on the go, use the optimized presets for iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, and so on. When everything is ready, click 'Convert' to continue and wait for all tasks complete. For those who want to extract audio from VOB video to MP3 on Mac, click on Audio tab to choose the audio format you want.
When the conversion is completed, you can either play your VOB movie on your Mac, or transfer the output file to your iPad, iPod, iPhone to enjoy anytime and anywhere use the Tranfer feature. Also want to edit VOB files in iMovie to create your own masterpiece? Just import the converted VOB files to iMovie by clicking 'File' > 'Import' after iMovie opens or directly convert to iMovie format.
Tutorial 2. How to Convert VOB Videos on Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
First of all, download and install UniConverter for Windows, and then follow the tutorial steps below to easily convert VOB files and play VOB files on your computer.
Step 1. Add VOB Files to the Converter
To import your VOB file, you can directly use the drag-n-drop method or click the 'Load DVD' option to achieve that. Alternatively, you can use 'Add Files' button to import VOB files from your Windows PC or the drop-down icon beside to load directly from mobile devices.
Step 2. Select Output Format
Now you can select the output format for your VOB file. Here you can convert VOB to MP4, WMV, MOV, M4V, AVI, FLV, etc. And you can also convert VOB for playback on iPhone, iPad, Xbox, PSP or any device as you want. What's more, UniConverter enables you to extract audio file from VOB easily, and you should select MP3, WAV or other audio formats as the output format. By clicking the pen icon beside, you could also adjust encode settings like bit rate, frame rate, encoder, etc.
Step 3. Convert VOB on Windows PC
To convert VOB files, you just need to hit the 'Convert' button on the video display bar or 'Convert All' button if you have more than 1 video to be converted. Wait for a few seconds, this VOB video converter will complete the conversion process automatically.
Tips: What is a VOB File?
Are you interested in VOB format? Learn more about it here. VOB, short for Video OBject, is a container format used for DVD-Video media. VOB derives from MPEG-2 program stream format, but with extra limitations and specifications in the private streams because the media companies want to restrict public users's illegal use of DVD disc and for other reasons. VOB files contain Video, Audio, Subtitle, and Menu contents in stream form.
A VOB file is encoded with MPEG-2 codec. This means that it complies 100% with the MPEG-2 system level standard, ISO 13818-1. However, VOB files are a very strict subset of the standard. Thus, while all VOB files are MPEG-2 system compatible, not all MPEG-2 systems support the definition for a VOB file. Other DVD files include IFO and BUP files. iSkysoft VOB Converter for Mac also supports IFO and BUP files.
Free Vob Player Download
Alternative: Recommended VOB Converters for Mac and Windows
5 VOB Converters for Mac
#1. Best VOB Converter - MOVAVI
MOVAVI- a Windows/Mac computer is a considerable VOB converter that carries out the conversion of VOB files to another formats or vice versa. MOVAVI is an amazing VOB converter that contains a bucket of useful features.
- The conversion of video does not hamper the quality of the video.
- Let’s users to edit, compress, join and trim an array of files.
#2. VOB Converter - Any Video Converter
AVC is a freeware that supports a good number of file formats ranging from M4A, AAC to VOB, and MP3 with much ease.
- Incorporates batch processing feature that allows converting several files at a time.
- AVC allows users to easily download videos and convert the YouTube and Google videos to a desired font.
- AVC firmware includes NVIDIA’s NVNEC encoding which will be useful for the PC’s which does not incorporate NVIDIA’s coding.
#3. MacX Video Converter Pro
MacX Pro is the all-rounder software that blends the working of a converter, downloader and recorder together. With its ultra-technology, it successfully converts the files in a super 4K UHD.
- Equipped with features for styling good quality films, animated gifs.
- Offers around 420+ video specific profiles including FLV, MTV, MP4, MKV, WMV, VOB and more.
#4. Leawo Video Converter for Mac
Leavo is one of the best VOB converters that let user format data according to their need without worrying about the data loss.
- Capable of converting 2D videos to 3D videos by using 6 unique types of patterns.
- Leavwo VOB converter can also fix down minor incompatibility issues relating to formats.
- Can prove to RIP a DVD file to video and audio to a range of formats.
#5. Prism Video Converter Software
Prism Video Converter is one of the considerable VOB converter that not only transforms the VOB files but also facilitates in fixing the incompatibility issues cropped up during the conversion time.
- Preview original version of files and compare it with the edited one.
- Can add on flair of audio effects over the video files.
- Supports a range of files like AVI, MPG, MKV, VOB, ASF and much more.
5 VOB Converters for Windows PC
#1. VOB Converter for Windows PC - Xilisoft UniConverter
The first in our list for VOB Converter is Xilisoft Video Converter that swiftly converts down a variety of files into the desired format. Users can also turn their videos, audios and HD videos. Moreover, one can insert soundtracks inside the video.
- Make adjustments over your video by applying an array of special effects provided by Xilisoft.
- Can transfer the converted file to a variety of platforms.
- Easily converts the 2D movies to 3D movies.
#2. Wondershare UniConverter
One of the most efficient and best VOB converters is Wondershare’s Video Converter allows users to convert the VOB files into 1000+ file formats in a lightning speed. This software shares the functionality of a video maker, VR converter and burns down the video files onto DVD with much ease.
- Easily download the VOB files from more than 10,000+ websites by pasting URLs.
- Provides a range of free menu templates for changing the VOB files to DVD.
- Allows users to make GIFs, work as Screen Recorder and cast the videos to TV.
#3. MP4 to VOB File Converter
Freestar1’s MP4 to VOB file converter lets users convert MP4 to VOB file conveniently. With its user-friendly interface, this converter works well with both NSTC and PAL regions.
- Can convert down numerous files via batch processing.
- Incorporates simple editing cum adjustments tool for customizing video’s size, bitrate frame rate etc.
#4. Total Video Converter
Total Video Converter is a multi-tasking functionality that burns, rips DVD and converts VOB files to the desired formats. With Total Video converter, one can easily download, edit, modify and combine videos respectively. Also, it supports most of the popularly used file formats easily.
- Let’s you extract the audio from any type of video.
- Users can maintain the slideshow of photos.
- Can easily RIP DVD to any desirable format.
#5. UniConverter Factory Pro
The last in our list is Wonderfox’s UniConverter that widely goes compatible with 300+ file formats of files. So, you name it, and you will find it in Wonderfox’s converter. To name a few, it supports M4V, AVI,FLV, F4U, WEBM, MKV, DIVX and many more.
Youtube Mp4 Converter For Mac
Converter Vob To Mp4 For Mac Download
- Fully convert normal videos to an excellent font of 720 (HD), 4 K (UHD) and 480 P (SD) respectively.
- Includes the hardware acceleration of NVIDIA, NVENC or CUDA.
- Has efficient technical assistance team that quickly reverts to the responses.
Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any Mac with a 64-bit Intel processor or an Apple Silicon chip. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
If you need help in finding the correct package matching your Mac's processor architecture, please see this official support document by Apple.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
Vob Player Download Divx
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Download Vob Player For Mac
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Play Vob Files On Mac
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.