‘You can’t connect with something you are not passionate about’
- Why Does My Gmail Not Download To Outlook For Mac Os
- Why Does My Gmail Not Download To Outlook For Macbook Pro
- Why Does My Gmail Not Download To Outlook For Mac Catalina
That’s all you have to on the Gmail end of things. Now, it’s time to connect your Gmail account to Outlook. Step Two: Connect Outlook To Your Gmail Account. After setting Gmail up to allow IMAP connections, Outlook makes it very easy to add your Gmail account. In Outlook, open the “File” menu. Click the “Account Settings” button. This article will cover the details of why your Gmail is not working on your iPad or iPhone and how to solve the issue to get your email loaded in the Mail app. The Issue: Security. Security is a top concern among both consumers and companies. Consumers do not want their personal information stolen and companies do not want to be sued. Allowing less secure apps is not recommended generally, but the option turned Off won’t allow Outlook to have access to Gmail. However, to avoid security risks, you can enable two-step verification and set up an app password. For enabling two-step verification of Gmail Account: Click on your Gmail Account profile and select Google Account.
Good old Outlook has proved a real boon to PC users: it is a great app to improve your email management and planning. But what if you can’t connect Gmail to Outlook? Is it time to say goodbye to your favourite client?
Well, you should in no case consider that. ‘Gmail not working with Outlook’ is quite an easy problem to resolve. Fortunately, you have come to the right place, since we will show you how to fix Outlook won’t connect to Gmail. Just be patient and carefully follow our instructions.
So, if Gmail keeps asking for a password in Outlook, this means you should take the following steps:
1. Turn on IMAP
To begin with, let’s figure out what IMAP is and why you need it. IMAP stands for Internet Messaging Access Protocol. Its main function is to enable communication between the email client and the mail server. If it is inactive, Outlook won’t connect to Gmail. This means now is the time to enable the thing:
- Enter your Gmail account (click on Gmail in your browser).
- Proceed to the top right corner.
- Locate the gear icon and click on it to open the Settings menu.
- Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Proceed to the Enable IMAP option and select it.
- Make sure that the status says, ‘IMAP is enabled’.
- Save your changes.
Well done. It’s time to tweak your Gmail account security settings.
2. Allow less secure apps
In fact, your security settings might be behind the issue. Here is what you should do:
- Enter your Google account: navigate to the top right corner of the screen, click on your profile picture, and click on My Account.
- Select Sign-in & security. Then proceed to Connected apps & sites.
- Locate Allow less secure apps and enable this feature.
- Make sure to save the changes.
Your success is just around the corner, so keep working your way down.
3. Create an app password
Now you should set up a special password – you will use it to log in to Gmail from Outlook. Here is how you can do that:
- Once in your Google account, go to the Sign-in & security section.
- Locate App passwords and click on it.
- Provide your Gmail account password.
- Choose Outlook from the drop-down menu.
- Press on the Generate button.
- You will see a 16-digit password. This is your password for accessing Gmail from Outlook.
Phew, the most difficult part is over!
4. Connect Gmail to Outlook
Now you should add your Gmail account to Outlook:
- Run your Outlook app.
- Click on File. Select Add Account.
- Select ‘Manual setup or additional server types’.
- Click Next to proceed.
- In the next window, choose “POP or IMAP” and click on Next.
- Provide your user, server, and logon information once on the next screen.
- Locate ‘Test Account Settings …’ Check the box next to ‘Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked.’
- Now click on ‘More Settings’. You will be taken to the Internet E-mail Settings box.
- Go to the Outgoing Server. Check the box next to ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.’
- Select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
- Now go to the Advanced tab.
- Set up Incoming server (IMAP) to 993
- Set your Outgoing server (SMTP) to 465.
- Choose SSL as the type of encrypted connection.
- Click OK and Next.
- Wait for Outlook to test your connection.
- Get the all-clear to proceed and click on Close.
- Click Finish.
This is it, ladies and gentlemen – your Outlook is supposed to run like clockwork now. If it is nonetheless sluggish or unstable, we recommend you to clean up your system and optimize your Internet settings. By the way, Auslogics BoostSpeed can do this for you and save you a lot of time.
Resolve PC Issues with Auslogics BoostSpeed
Besides cleaning and optimizing your PC, BoostSpeed protects privacy, diagnoses hardware issues, offers tips for boosting speed and provides 20+ tools to cover most PC maintenance and service needs.
In addition, note that a lot of users have reported the app being unresponsive, so if that is you case, make sure to check out our tips on how to fix the ‘Outlook not responding’ issue.
Now you know how to fix Outlook won’t connect to Gmail.
Have our instructions proved useful?
We are looking forward to your feedback!© Thomas Barwick/Getty Images You can sync your Google Calendar to Outlook on a Mac or PC. Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- You can sync your Google Calendar to the Outlook desktop app for Mac by adding your Google account and PC by importing your calendar.
- You can also sync your Google Calendar to your Outlook.com account.
- If you have a paid G Suite account, you can use the G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook tool.
- Outlook can automatically sync with a Google Calendar when you use Outlook on mobile devices for iOS and Android operating systems.
If you use Outlook and Google calendars to manage your life, syncing them is critical to avoiding conflicts and ensuring you don't miss planned events or calls.
How you add a Google Calendar to your Outlook account depends on what platform you're using. You can import your calendar, add your entire Google account to your Microsoft desktop app, or add a calendar while logged into your Outlook account.
If you want to sync your Google Calendar to Outlook, here are three ways to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Microsoft Office (From $149.99 at Best Buy)
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to sync your Google Calendar on Outlook.com
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. In the left-hand column, hover over the calendar you want to add to Outlook.
3. Click the three dots beside the calendar.
4. Select 'Settings and sharing.'© Abbey White/Business Insider You can only add one Google Calendar to Outlook at a time, though you can sync as many as you want. Abbey White/Business Insider
5. On the Settings page, scroll to the 'Integrate calendar' section
6. Copy the 'Secret address in iCal format' link.© Abbey White/Business Insider This link will be pasted into Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
7. Log in to Outlook.com and click the calendar icon in the left sidebar.© Abbey White/Business Insider This icon will be to the left of your Inbox folders list. Abbey White/Business Insider
8. Click 'Add calendar.'
9. Choose 'Subscribe from the web' in the left-hand column.
10. Paste the 'Secret address in iCal format' link.
11. Title the calendar and then click 'Import.'© Abbey White/Business Insider If you don't title the calendar you won't be able to import it. Abbey White/Business Insider
How to sync your Google Calendar on Outlook for Windows
1. Go to https://calendar.google.com.
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right.© Abbey White/Business Insider You can find this option in the upper-right next to your profile icon and the month dropdown. Abbey White/Business Insider
3. Select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Choose 'Import & Export' in the left sidebar.
5. Select 'Export' to download a zipped .ics file of your Calendar content.© Abbey White/Business Insider A downloading link should appear at the bottom of your browser screen. Abbey White/Business Insider
6. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
7. Click 'File' in the upper menu bar.
8. Select Open & Export from the left sidebar.
9. Click the 'Import/Export' option.© Abbey White/Business Insider The third icon down features green and blue arrows. Abbey White/Business Insider
10. In the pop-up window that appears, click 'Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)' before selecting 'Next.'© Abbey White/Business Insider This is the file format that matches your Google Calendar download. Abbey White/Business Insider
11. In the file window, locate and select the zipped folder you downloaded for Google Calendar before clicking 'Open.'
12. Choose 'Import' in the window that appears to bring your Google Calendar items into your Microsoft Calendar. You can also choose to create a new calendar in Outlook.© Abbey White/Business Insider Your Google Calendar will not be visible in Microsoft Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
How to sync your Google Calendar on Outlook for Mac
Why Does My Gmail Not Download To Outlook For Mac Os
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click on 'Outlook' in the top toolbar.
3. Select 'Preferences' from the drop-down menu.© Abbey White/Business Insider This option will be directly beneath 'About Outlook.' Abbey White/Business Insider
4. Choose 'Accounts.'© Abbey White/Business Insider This section stores all the accounts you have connected to Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
5. Click on the '+' icon at the bottom of the left sidebar.© Abbey White/Business Insider This will let you add or create a new account. Abbey White/Business Insider
Notepad free download for mac. 6. Select 'New Account.'
7. In the login window that appears, enter the Gmail account associated with the Google Calendar you want to sync then press 'Continue.'© Abbey White/Business Insider The email doesn't have to be associated with Microsoft Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
8. Choose 'Continue' to authorize your Gmail account to be synced to the Microsoft Cloud.
9. A new browser window will open with a list of your Google Accounts. Select the email account you want to sync to Outlook.
Why Does My Gmail Not Download To Outlook For Macbook Pro© Abbey White/Business Insider Choose the Google account you want to sync. Abbey White/Business Insider
1o. On the next page, click 'Allow' to authorize Microsoft Apps & Services to have access to your Google Calendar.
11. Select 'Open Microsoft Account' in the pop-up window that appears.
Why Does My Gmail Not Download To Outlook For Mac Catalina
12. Click 'Done' after your account has been added.
13. Click the Calendar icon at the bottom of Outlook's left sidebar to see your Google Calendar events in your Microsoft Calendar.